An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Is Soo GOOD!

FutureIHMNJ

So,

Today my cell phone rings and I look to see who it was...and it was Sister Carmen, the sister who is head of vocations for the IHMs well as some of you know I have been waiting to see if I was allow to be a pre-candidate for the community and because August was such a busy month for the community..

So...the time that I waited has help me to trust and surrender it over to my Beloved and so Sister CArmen told me that they said YES!!! YES!!!
I can not even stop smiling...i am beaming from ear to ear...soo yes I am a pre-candidate for the SIsters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of MAry and I am asking for continued prayers.

Please know of my prayers for all those in this phorum who are discernign a religious vocation

God Bless
Lee nora

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1051375' date='Aug 26 2006, 11:59 PM']
So,

Today my cell phone rings and I look to see who it was...and it was Sister Carmen, the sister who is head of vocations for the IHMs well as some of you know I have been waiting to see if I was allow to be a pre-candidate for the community and because August was such a busy month for the community..

So...the time that I waited has help me to trust and surrender it over to my Beloved and so Sister CArmen told me that they said YES!!! YES!!!
I can not even stop smiling...i am beaming from ear to ear...soo yes I am a pre-candidate for the SIsters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of MAry and I am asking for continued prayers.

Please know of my prayers for all those in this phorum who are discernign a religious vocation

God Bless
Lee nora
[/quote]

Congratulations! That is beautiful news! Someday I too wish to hear those words of acceptance from a community!
Thoughts and prayers!

[quote name='PJ2=MyHero' post='1051413' date='Aug 26 2006, 11:34 PM']
Congratulations! That is beautiful news! Someday I too wish to hear those words of acceptance from a community!
Thoughts and prayers!
[/quote]

Yes if God's wills for you to enter with the SIsters in Nebraska...I can come visit since we are "FAMILY" hehehe

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1051513' date='Aug 27 2006, 05:26 AM']
Awesome!

So what does being a pre-candidate mean exactly?
[/quote]

Well this is what it is in a nutshell...

Pre-Candidacy

The IHM Pre-Candidacy Program is for women who have expressed a desire to discern a vocation to the IHM Congregation. It lasts from one to three years depending on individual circumstances. Its purpose is to assist young women in discerning a particular call to the IHM Congregation. During this time, the young women meet personally with the vocation directress on a regular basis, participate in discernment/retreat weekends, and visit IHM convents in order to interact with the Sisters and to experience some apostolic work with them.
~Taken directly from the IHMs website

After being a candidate for atleast 6 months with the community you can ask to want to proceed with being a candidate and eventually enter
Please feel free to ask me questions...

In Love, Through HIM
Lee

Edited by FutureIHMNJ

passionheart

Congratulations at your wonderful news :D:

Nice to see one member of the BDSD club moving forward. Let us continue to pray!!

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1051375' date='Aug 26 2006, 10:59 PM']
So,

God Bless
Lee nora
[/quote]

:) Well Lee Nora....... you certainly know I am happy for you. You have certainly shown great trust these pse few months. Surrender to all...Be it done unto me....the Lord is with you...you opened the door a crack... and now the Lord has gifted you with his grace. Remember each day to choose Him and peace and joy will be yours!!!!
Your sponsor Sister Susan

[quote name='msahara' post='1051644' date='Aug 27 2006, 01:35 PM']
congratulations!!! do you have a link to this congregation's website? I've never heard of them . . .
[/quote]

Yes the congregation's website is [url="http://www.ihmimmaculata.org/"]IHMs[/url]

Let me know what you think...

[quote name='sistersusanIHM' post='1051755' date='Aug 27 2006, 06:34 PM']
:) Well Lee Nora....... you certainly know I am happy for you. You have certainly shown great trust these pse few months. Surrender to all...Be it done unto me....the Lord is with you...you opened the door a crack... and now the Lord has gifted you with his grace. Remember each day to choose Him and peace and joy will be yours!!!!
Your sponsor Sister Susan
[/quote]

Thank you for the constant support Sister and for your faithful witness...

:thumbsup: that is sooo :cool!: :lol_grin: :applause: congats!!! We are so Proud of you :grouphug: you must feel like dancing :dancer1: and like you are on :cloud9: :yahoo: I am sooo happy for you.

God Bless you and I will pray for you