An Old School Catholic Message Board

My College Countdown

Sixtina87

hey everyone.....um, less than a week left until i leave for college.

everything is going okay, i am scared because its not Casa Maria, and the Sister Servants.....ITS COLLEGE!!!!!!!! :ohno:

I talked to my wonderful Sisters yesterday and they are still supportive about me going to Magdalen, next week. i am having a few problems here and there with the college and Im still trying to get things straightened out.....financial aid mainly! i seriously cannot afford to go to Magdalen however i am going for the Sisters and out of Obedience to Christ!

i still have tons to do, i have to clean out my car, clean my room, pack my stuff for school (there goes about 50 suit cases!!!), and work abit more to have some money when i go......and party with my friends TOMORROW!!!!!!! and the hardest part is saying bye for a for months!!!!

so, on that note,[size=3] 6 DAYS LEFT[/size]!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there! While I'm sure the transition is stressful and perhaps a bit scary, remember the Jesus is with you and will lead you through. He is THE end and THE beginning and is surely with you through this end and this beginning as well!

thanks for the reminder. i am jsut stressed over the little things, mainly over money and financial aid and so forth.

i have some of my cloths sorted out but i still need a few more things and only so much time to get everything. i am working every single day between now and next tuesday. i could scream if i wanted to, but i'm not going to!

YEAH!!!!!

i got my car cleaned out and boy it does feel weird not having it all trashy on the inside. mom is taking me out tomorrow morning to go shopping for cloths. yeah!

tonight i am, as i speak at a friend house and there is about 20 of us going out for dinner, tacos, so very tasty and good for you,!!!!! and then we are going to the Summer Indian Fest. Then we are comming back here, to watch movies, drink pop and have popcorn and stay the night.

YEAH!!!! i have such great friends!!!

so yeah i am, not too worried about school, i still dont have the money to pay for anything...so yeah....thats about it!!!

i'm out!!!

Awesome! So exciting to get things done and get ready to go! Have a great time shopping for clothes, too. Do they give you a pretty clear dress code? I remember one girl at camp for some reason didn't believe them when they said "no short skirts" and only brought knee-length skirts. She had to borrow clothes the whole two weeks. New clothes are so fun though--I hope you find outfits that work at the store and have a blast picking them out. :D:

well, everyone i leave wednesday morning...bright and early however alot of you i am sure will still be in bed sleeping where i want to be...... i finally went shopping with my mom but i didn't get everything i needed or wanted....however she is giving me more money to go shopping in the mall...yeah!!!

i am scared but really just stressed and I AM SICK!!!!!! **cough**

Prayers for you Sixtina! One of the DSMME told me once that she only got through the early stages of formation by committing herself to stay for [i]all[/i] of postulancy, not giving herself the option of leaving half-way through, but only at the end evaluating how it was so far. This way she avoided acting on passing mood, phase, or emotion. Seems like going off to Magdalen might be like an extended pre-postulancy, the first phase of your formation with the Sister Servants, even though you are in NH and not actually with them in AL. Stand firm! Stick with it! It will probably take a lot of getting used to, and a lot of perseverance, but [i]it's worth it[/i]. Enjoy the fun times, learn a lot, and don't complain about the annoyances and irritations. It's good practice for life in a convent. God bless you, and I will keep you in my prayers!

thanks for the idea of this being a "pre-postunancy"! i am in the process of packing all my things....i can't fit everything into one suit case....mom gave me another check so i can go shopping...my goal is to try to keep some of the money as spending money while i am there.....

if anyone wants my address just PM me!!!! today please!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEND ME SNAIL MAIL....PLEASE PM OLAM DAD!!!

IT WOULD BE FUN TO HEAR FROM FOR YOU ALL!!!

God Bless you all!!!

nicole

this is my last post here on phatmass as i about to pull an all nighter...yeah!!!! well i'm about to go to sleep for a couple hours and then re-awake and get ready for my travels.

i want to wish everyone who is entering the convent or seminary the best of luck!!! if i am able to post while i am at Magdalen, i will do so, other wise....see ya in december!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

nicole