An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debating the likes of Budge...

KnightofChrist

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1057375' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:01 PM']
I thought that died out long ago....now we just dunk them in water a couple weeks after they are born to see if they are sea worthy.
[/quote]
You mean to see if they're witches.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1057376' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:02 PM']
:pinch: :annoyed: This is the "DEBATE" table! What is all this joking around for? Don't you realize what is at stake here? :) Honestly, how come everyone else notices the facetiousness and not me? :rolleyes: Oh yes, because you're slow, Jennifer. :ninja:
[/quote]
It's also interreligious dialogue. :D:

[quote name='DAF' post='1057377' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:03 PM']
You mean to see if they're witches.
[/quote]

or heretics. then we burn them at the stake. also we weigh the baby and a duck...then burn one of them.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1057380' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:05 PM']
or heretics. then we burn them at the stake. also we weigh the baby and a duck...then burn one of them.
[/quote]
Do we dress them up like witches before or after we burn them?

[quote name='DAF' post='1057383' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:06 PM']
Do we dress them up like witches before or after we burn them?
[/quote]

before we burn them but after half of us turn into newts. and get better.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1057380' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:05 PM']
[/quote]

Yeah we're just a bunch of quacks.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1057385' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:08 PM']
Yeah we're just a bunch of quacks.
[/quote]
Hey! This is our theology Mister! I take offense to that!
[quote]before we burn them but after half of us turn into newts. and get better.[/quote]
Don't we build bridges out of them? That's to see if they're really witches, isn't it?

No, I'm mistaken. You can also build bridges out of stone! [i]that's[/i] why we throw the infants into the water! It's called Baptism!

Silly me.

[quote name='DAF' post='1057387' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:10 PM']

Don't we build bridges out of them? That's to see if they're really witches, isn't it?
[/quote]

I have heard that that is a common practice in rural areas of Europe and the United States, but it takes soooo many to build even one bridge that the Church has largely abandoned this practice, especially in light of protests by environmental groups that infant bridges over rivers ruin the mystic beauty given to us by Mother Earth. I mean infant bridges sure are eye-sores! Especially if they turn out to be witches and we have to burn them.

[quote name='DAF' post='1057387' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:14 PM']

No, I'm mistaken. You can also build bridges out of stone! [i]that's[/i] why we throw the infants into the water! It's called Baptism!

Silly me.
[/quote]

Oh. You must have learned that from some uber conservative liturgical/sacramental nazi who still thinks that women are inferior to men.

Yeah, I rememberd. That's why we throw them into the water. If they float, they're a witch and we burn them. If they sink and die, they weren't witches and they're baptized all in one shot! Remember?

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1057392' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:15 PM']
I have heard that that is a common practice in rural areas of Europe and the United States, but it takes soooo many to build even one bridge that the Church has largely abandoned this practice, especially in light of protests by environmental groups that infant bridges over rivers ruin the mystic beauty given to us by Mother Earth. I mean infant bridges sure are eye-sores! Especially if they turn out to be witches and we have to burn them.
Oh. You must have learned that from some uber conservative liturgical/sacramental nazi who still thinks that women are inferior to men.
[/quote]
It says it in my Catholo-nazi Bible!

Edited by DAF

[quote name='DAF' post='1057394' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:16 PM']
Yeah, I rememberd. That's why we throw them into the water. If they float, they're a witch and we burn them. If they sink and die, they weren't witches and they're baptized all in one shot! Remember?
It says it in my Catholo-cazi Bible!
[/quote]

goot it, now i understand. I'm so glad that we have the Catholocazi Bible....it sure clears up the stranger teachings of the Church, like why we throw babies in water. And all the weird bread/Mary/pope worshiping stuff....I mean who knew that there were so many gods? Protestants sure are missing out. Why have one God when you can have three! Plus all the saints who have special powers.

Edited by aalpha1989

Whoops, Catholics are forbidden to read the Bible. I mean I read it in my Catechism. :duh:

EDIT* yeah, did you know that Mary can shoot lightening bolts our of her fists? Like Dragon Ball-Z. Dogma.

Edited by DAF

[quote name='DAF' post='1057400' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:22 PM']
Whoops, Catholics are forbidden to read the Bible. I mean I read it in my Catechism. :duh:

EDIT* yeah, did you know that Mary can shoot lightening bolts our of her fists? Like Dragon Ball-Z. Dogma.
[/quote]

Wow, really? My Catechism didn't say anything like that. Oh yeah, I forgot, thats cause every couple hundred years we change our doctrine. Mine does mention something about a short guy with curly hair throwing his wedding ring into a volcano. That is where our belief of annulment comes from. If you can prove that you destroyed your wedding ring, then its ok to get divorced.

[quote name='DAF' post='1057411' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:30 PM']
Yeah, does yours say anything about Orlando Bloom being the Beatific Vision? That's what mine says, but I think they changed it to the Hulk.
[/quote]

No, I don't recall anything like that. But how would I remember anyway, Catholics are well known for their inability to remember anything they read. It must have something to do with the lack of oxygen when we are being tested to see if we are witches. And besides mine is the male version of the Catechism. :)