An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cat Owners

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1058613' date='Sep 7 2006, 05:56 PM']Know that although the cat has the advantage of quickness and lack of concern for human life, you have the advantage of strength. [/quote]i don't know about the advantage of strength - my cats become super cats upon entering water :ohno:
[quote name='Dreamweaver' post='1058893' date='Sep 8 2006, 12:14 AM']They'll use all their limbs to grab onto the side of the bathtub to avoid being shoved into water![/quote]it is amazing, isn't it?

cmotherofpirl

Pound for pounds cats are way stronger than we are. And considering how often they get their own way to the exclusion of anyone else, they are probably smarter than us as well

If you put a little oil in their food every week, it eliminates the hairballs.

[color="#3366FF"]This message was approved by Tortilini Spagettios, ruling queen of the household.[/color] :kitten:

Fides_et_Ratio

they do make these little "bathing wipes" for cats... elimates the bath and death by scratching scenario. they're kind of like baby wipes.. my cat doesn't seem to mind them-- he thinks he's just getting more attention

I've found, when I give my cat a bath (which isn't very often), that it works best if you take hold of all four limbs [i]firmly[/i] before he goes into the tub. And, hold on tight... lol

[quote name='Era Might' post='1058531' date='Sep 7 2006, 05:00 PM']
Yup. You realize that when you step on it accidentally and it doesn't smear all over your foot, just squishes.
[/quote]
lol! that's just what happened

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1059193' date='Sep 8 2006, 06:19 PM']
I've found, when I give my cat a bath (which isn't very often), that it works best if you take hold of all four limbs [i]firmly[/i] before he goes into the tub. And, hold on tight... lol
[/quote]

ok - and I will also wear armor from head to toe during this bath.

but seriously - an occasional bath for the cat my help, eh?

[quote name='Era Might' post='1058617' date='Sep 7 2006, 07:00 PM']
We give the cat a bath at least once a month, in the sink. It's a two-man job. One person holds her feet together and keeps her down, the other lathers her up and washes her off.

She looks like a wet rat afterwards. We wipe her off a little, but she pretty much likes to dry herself. She runs off after the bath.
[/quote]

I saw those wipes... any more good news on those wipes?
Or are they no sub for a good bath?

I thought that I had it bad with my Maine Coon. Then I saw next to leopard when she hurled a hairball the size of my cat! I don't complain about little hairballs any more.

I brush my cat and it has really helped. That and I bought a tube of furball candy. She will eat it straight out of the tube. It really helps especially in the Spring which is coat blow season.