Pontifite 7 of 10 Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 (edited) In my class, there is this girl who everyone hates. I see that she can be annoying but everyone is always saying, "I hate that :cencered:" I try to be nice to her and other "non-cool kids" But I am finding it really REALLY hard to do. I never relized how much peer presure effected me but it is. Will you guys pray for me so I can overcome this. Thank you. By the way like my new Sig. Avatar? Edited September 14, 2006 by Pontifite 7 of 10
CrossCuT Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [size=1]This type of thing is very common...it happens to everyone. But eventually we grow out of it..or at least we are not so blunt about it. You can consider yourself guilty by association. Because you talk to her, the cool kids arent gonna like you either. You are all in the same boat, however, because if they didnt have eachother they would fall apart and not be as inclined to act like swine. But imagine being the girl. I bet she feels pretty lonly...and to have someone try to reach out to her must feel like the best thing in the world! If someone was trying to do that to you I am sure you would accept the notion and feel very grateful. No one likes to be alone, you just have to choose which side you want to stand on. [/size]
Ora et Labora Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 very true...i would think that would be difficult and for a time i had trouble with the same thing, but it turned out that the people who wern't popular ended up to be some of the best people i have ever met!
Pontifite 7 of 10 Posted September 14, 2006 Author Posted September 14, 2006 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1062858' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:05 PM'] [size=1]But imagine being the girl. I bet she feels pretty lonly...and to have someone try to reach out to her must feel like the best thing in the world! If someone was trying to do that to you I am sure you would accept the notion and feel very grateful. No one likes to be alone, you just have to choose which side you want to stand on. [/size] [/quote] Uselly thats the case. But with her she hangs out with the "cool kids" and is involved with everything that they do. They just mock her to her face all the time and most of the time she just laughs with them, but theuy really mean the things they say and I can't Imagine how she feels because she thinks close to being liked and shes not and she knows it.
CrossCuT Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [size=1]Well thats her problem. She has to figure that one out for herself. [/size]
Ora et Labora Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 ahh she's just trying to be cool. obviously it's not really working and obviously she hangs out with a bunch of losers.
CrossCuT Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [size=1]Yes, that is the obvious part. Too bad she has to do that to herself... [/size]
Pontifite 7 of 10 Posted September 14, 2006 Author Posted September 14, 2006 [quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1062872' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:15 PM'] ahh she's just trying to be cool. obviously it's not really working and obviously she hangs out with a bunch of losers. [/quote] Sadly those losers are my "friends" who can be really nice, (though some of them are not) there are just not nice to her.
Ora et Labora Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 well, if there your friends, why don't you ask them to not be mean to her? and it doesn't seem like they are very good friends if they are so willing to put someone down like that. Did she do something to them?
CrossCuT Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [size=1]I agree with Ora. If they ARE your friends then I would hope they would respect the fact that you want them to be nice. And if they dont stop, maybe you should find new friends because they obviously dont care about hurting someone's feelings. [/size]
Ora et Labora Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1062883' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:22 PM'] [size=1]I agree with Ora. If they ARE your friends then I would hope they would respect the fact that you want them to be nice. And if they dont stop, maybe you should find new friends because they obviously dont care about hurting someone's feelings. [/size] [/quote] CrossCut is right...
Pontifite 7 of 10 Posted September 14, 2006 Author Posted September 14, 2006 I wish they were nicer, I really do but... I have no excuse I should ask them to lighten up. And I have to face it, I'll still be their friends I can't help that. I just wish we all would act like Catholics, (I go to a Catholic school so we should anyway).
ardillacid Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1062848' date='Sep 14 2006, 05:53 PM'] In my class, there is this girl who everyone hates. I see that she can be annoying but everyone is always saying, "I hate that :cencered:" I try to be nice to her and other "non-cool kids" But I am finding it really REALLY hard to do. I never relized how much peer presure effected me but it is. Will you guys pray for me so I can overcome this. Thank you. By the way like my new Sig. Avatar? [/quote] people are jerks. even here at college. people don't grow up. ever Edited September 14, 2006 by notardillacid
Catherine Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1062867' date='Sep 14 2006, 04:12 PM'] Uselly thats the case. But with her she hangs out with the "cool kids" and is involved with everything that they do. They just mock her to her face all the time and most of the time she just laughs with them, but theuy really mean the things they say and I can't Imagine how she feels because she thinks close to being liked and shes not and she knows it. [/quote] Kids come to mind that are like that at my school. They hang out with people and get abused and made fun of all the time but they hang on to the people. I have ideas as to why they don't let go or stand against it all. It all depends who the person is (in my opinion). [quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1062872' date='Sep 14 2006, 04:15 PM'] ahh she's just trying to be cool. obviously it's not really working and obviously she hangs out with a bunch of losers. [/quote] Maybe she thinks if she wasn't friends with the kids she would end up alone (a loner). Maybe she is afriad of being alone. [quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1062879' date='Sep 14 2006, 04:20 PM'] well, if there your friends, why don't you ask them to not be mean to her? and it doesn't seem like they are very good friends if they are so willing to put someone down like that. Did she do something to them? [/quote] Was wondering the same thing. Oh and ps Pontifite, I love the new sig. It's pretty and has a nice saying to it.
Ora et Labora Posted September 15, 2006 Posted September 15, 2006 [quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1062891' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:28 PM'] I wish they were nicer, I really do but... I have no excuse I should ask them to lighten up. And I have to face it, I'll still be their friends I can't help that. I just wish we all would act like Catholics, (I go to a Catholic school so we should anyway). [/quote] why can't you help being there friends?
sidemunch88 Posted September 15, 2006 Posted September 15, 2006 [quote] Maybe she is afriad of being alone. [/quote] i am afraid of being alone it smells of elderberries
Ora et Labora Posted September 15, 2006 Posted September 15, 2006 what does being alone mean? not having many friends?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now