An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christmas Card Writing Campaign

OLAM Dad

It would be real neat to start a combined Christmas card writing campaign for all of our phamily members who are in religious life. Here's my idea. I could buy cards for each of the guys/gals who have entered religious life, sign them and add a letter or short note to each of them, have my kids draw pictures, etc. and then when I'm done I could send them to one of you guys. You would do the same thing and then send them to somebody else who is interested.

If we started now we should have time to send them to a lot of people, if y'all are interested. The last person would mail the cards to the various monasteries, convents, etc.

Anybody interested? If so, we need to finalize our list of religious so that I can get the cards. When it is time to mail the set to each other the person who will be sending the set to the next person can just exchange private info (mailing address) via PM with that person to protect everybody's privacy.

puellapaschalis

This is a great idea! Although I'm not sure how practical it would be for me (or perhaps VA) to join in to the full - it'd be a bit of an expense qua postage, but maybe it would anyway?

But certainly VA and I and the others in Europe could do the European division...hmmmmm :think:

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1063331' date='Sep 15 2006, 08:11 AM']
It would be real neat to start a combined Christmas card writing campaign for all of our phamily members who are in religious life. Here's my idea. I could buy cards for each of the guys/gals who have entered religious life, sign them and add a letter or short note to each of them, have my kids draw pictures, etc. and then when I'm done I could send them to one of you guys. You would do the same thing and then send them to somebody else who is interested.

If we started now we should have time to send them to a lot of people, if y'all are interested. The last person would mail the cards to the various monasteries, convents, etc.

Anybody interested? If so, we need to finalize our list of religious so that I can get the cards. When it is time to mail the set to each other the person who will be sending the set to the next person can just exchange private info (mailing address) via PM with that person to protect everybody's privacy.
[/quote]

OLAM Dad I am in!!! let me know what info you need?

I like the idea of sending cards to our newbies, however, it's a lot simpler for me to just have the address and send it directly to the new postulant/novice/seminarian. I'd just like to have the addresses of their religious houses.

[quote name='stlmom' post='1063404' date='Sep 15 2006, 10:52 AM']
I like the idea of sending cards to our newbies, however, it's a lot simpler for me to just have the address and send it directly to the new postulant/novice/seminarian. I'd just like to have the addresses of their religious houses.
[/quote]
I figured some would want to send their own stuff and others would like to be part of a group, both are great! Regardless, we need to get the address information finalized. I'll see if I can find the old post that started gathering the information and get it pined for a while so that we can use get it updated.

[quote name='stlmom' post='1063404' date='Sep 15 2006, 07:52 AM']
[/quote]

I'm in, but I'd like to send individual cards as [b]stlmom [/b]suggested.

Pray for Peace, :sign:
~m

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1063553' date='Sep 15 2006, 12:28 PM']
it's humorous to see all these people call my dad 'dad...' lol
[/quote]

:rolling: I suppose that would be kind of :huh: .

I think the Christmas card idea is great! but I wouldn't want to say I'll do it and then have it held up or whatever because it came to me after I'd already left, so the project will just be in my prayers. ;)