An Old School Catholic Message Board

Feast Of Ss. Michael, Raphael And Gabriel

passionheart

Hello,

I have noticed through different posts and such that there seems to be quite a few of us who have a devotion to these Blessed Archangels. (This is a day of Solemnity for me since I am consecrated to St. Michael)

Since their feast day is coming on September 29, I was thinking maybe we can all pray a novena together for special intentions for the vocations here on phatmass (All the vocations, priests, sister, nun, married, single, etc) and the needs or the concerns each of us may have in regards to our vocations.

Now I do have a novena prayer which I downloaded from Phatmass years back. If people have different prayers, please post them and let us agree to pray this prayer together. I know one intention we can all keep in mind; we can ask for special blessings for TheresaMF (Ida) because her entrance date with the Dominican Nuns in Marbury is on the September 29.

Also, I am wondering if this OLAM DAD feast day as well :idontknow:

puellapaschalis

On the night of the 29th there's a night of Adoration at my Cathedral. Will twelve hours in front of the Blessed Sacrament do for devotion? ;)

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1064442' date='Sep 16 2006, 07:34 PM']
On the night of the 29th there's a night of Adoration at my Cathedral. Will twelve hours in front of the Blessed Sacrament do for devotion? ;)

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]

Yes, I remember that you mentioned that before. Nope sorry either the Novena or nothing!! :P:

Not to worry but say, do have the Chaplet of St. Michael??

So as a group I was thinking as a novena prayer we could say the following:

Novena St. Michael:

Saint Michael the Archangel, loyal champion of God and His People. I turn to you with confidence and seek your powerful intercession. For the love of God, Who made you so glorious in grace and power, and for the love of the Mother of Jesus, the Queen of the Angels, be pleased to hear our prayer. You know the value of our souls in the eyes of God. May no stain of evil ever disfigure it beauty. Help us to conquer the evil spirit who tempts us. We desire to imitate your loyalty to God and Holy Mother Church and your great love for God and people. And since you are God’s messenger for the care of His people, we entrust to you these special intentions: mention your needs.

Lord, hear and grant our special intentions for this Novena that we bring before You.

I will be praying the Chaplet but only on the feast day!! With all the intentions, I need to sleep some time :D:

HeavenlyCalling

I love the Archangels!! Esp. Saint Gabrial ( although he usually has very feminine hair in pictures) and if I do become a religous, I would want to take his name.

she_who_is_not

It is my birthday as well!!! My parents had planned on naming me Micheal if I had been male, but, since I'm a girl.... Maybe I should have been named Angela or Angelica.
I'm praying with you!!!!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='passionheart' post='1064465' date='Sep 17 2006, 02:11 AM']Not to worry but say, do have the Chaplet of St. Michael??
[/quote]

I've just looked up the Chaplet now. It's a bit complex and I'm not sure I'd be able to translate it into Dutch by next week (VA's super busy at the moment so I'm not going to ask her). However, seeing as we're already praying at least one set of Mysteries in English (or it might be Italian, not sure yet) I'm sure we'd probably be able to muddle through this....

We'll see :)

Love and prayers,

PP