heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 Alright all you fans of Noter Dame football this is the place to post all your reactions to the games, predictions for the next one, and talk about all things related to their football program (past or pressent). This is serious so if you spam it with non ND football realted junk then your going to make me angry. So just don't spam.
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 you did that just to make me mad . Plz no more spam.
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 good thinkin' let's start with this I believe Brady Quinn is probably out of the Heisman race. The second half, he really came together and pulled off the Quinn we like to see, but the first half we was still the same fumblin QB as we saw against Michigan. I would hope he could better focus on the teams success rather then the Heisman race, because I think we could pull off wins the rest of the season if we do this. Open to comments and other opinions...
picchick Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 So I just found out this afternoon that ND won after thinking all morning that they lost. Pleasant surprise for me.
SJP Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 How about them Wolverines!!! Due to my proximity to the Big House, I feel obliged to represent Michigan. But seriously, I couldn't believe Michigan took it to ND like they did. I was shocked.
Dreamweaver Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 [quote name='heavenseeker' post='1074214' date='Sep 24 2006, 08:43 PM'] Alright all you fans of Noter Dame football this is the place to post all your reactions to the games, predictions for the next one, and talk about all things related to their football program (past or pressent). This is serious so if you spam it with non ND football realted junk then your going to make me angry. So just don't spam. [/quote] I have a friend that played sousaphone in ND's marching band for the past 4 years. Now he's a grad student at Texas A&M; still a big football school, but not in the band anymore. I'm up to any good football game, go Irish! I won't mention North Dakota football in this thread, even though I go to NDSU. (Go Bison!) :
ardillacid Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 When it comes to hockey you got nothin on the FIGHTIN SIOUX [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/ardillacid/logo_siouxold.gif[/img]
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 oh my, i cant believe i spelled the name of the school wrong. I put Noter when its Notre. Im a bad fan Come on guys,all I want a serious thread devoted to ND football and half of what im getting is rude spamming about not only other teams but other sports .
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 (edited) this thread has become really lame... 1. Michigan beat ND hands down; I admit that. If you want to discuss it, take it to another thread. 2. Nebraska thinks they are good, but they can only beat high school teams like Troy and Nichol State. The only game that actually showed the Huskers where they stand is the Trojan game. 3. Who the devil are the Fighting Sioux? Please leave this thread alone if you do not want to discuss Irish football. (There is a thread devoted to college football too...) Edited September 25, 2006 by Didymus
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 [quote name='Didymus' post='1074486' date='Sep 25 2006, 01:02 AM'] this thread has become really lame... 1. Michigan beat ND hands down; I admit that. If you want to discuss it, take it to another thread. 2. Nebraska thinks they are good, but they can only beat high school teams like Troy and Nichol State. The only game that actually showed the Huskers where they stand is the Trojan game. 3. Who the devil are the Fighting Sioux? Please leave this thread alone if you do not want to discuss Irish football. (There is a thread devoted to college football too...) [/quote] ok point one was un called for, that was ND football related even though its not a pro Irish deal. The other 2, little harsh but did stick to the point of the thread. Now about the (L) to Michigan. That was a shock, clearly a bad game for the Irish and did cary over to the first part of their last game. Something that i saw in that loss was the lack of how much the crowd was into it frome the beggining compared to the Penn State game. They were not as much of a factor against Michigan.
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 Sry bout the MI comments (I still hold to my other statements...) I don't think it was just the fact that we had a bad day. Like Weis said right after the game, you have to give credit to a team that just kicked your butt. You can't only point to the mistakes we made. (Although there were many...) Michigan was prepared and followed through. They should prolly be in the top 5 right now, but it's kinda rough to say since everyone else in the top 5 won as well. With regards to Notre Dame's placement, it's also hard to say, since all the top ten won, but if anyone should drop (at least in the coaches poll), it would be Georgia; they won, but barely...
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 I agree with that. Hopefully we can win again this week without haveing to make a comeback.
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 I think alot of the upcoming teams should be the easier wins. Purdue 4-0 ---- I'm think we can still take 'em, they're not what they were 3yrs. ago Stanford 0-4 UCLA 2-1 ---- That'll be a sweet game Navy 3-1 NC 1-3 Air Force 1-1 Army 2-2 USC 3-0 ---- some say they should be #1, but I smell retribution.
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 [quote name='Didymus' post='1074513' date='Sep 25 2006, 01:50 AM'] I think alot of the upcoming teams should be the easier wins. Purdue 4-0 ---- I'm think we can still take 'em, they're not what they were 3yrs. ago Stanford 0-4 UCLA 2-1 ---- That'll be a sweet game Navy 3-1 NC 1-3 Air Force 1-1 Army 2-2 USC 3-0 ---- some say they should be #1, but I smell retribution. [/quote] Purdue should be a fairly good game if you ask me. I think its stupid to be looking more than 3 weeks ahead and makeing predictions though, a lot can happen. Navy though, could be a harder game than expected, also USC which is very good. The Irish are going to have some interesting games comeing up, thats for sure.
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 I think the biggest thing to work on still right now is the offensive line. The second-half of the Mich St. game saw Quinn throwing to our boys Samardja (sp) and McKnight cuz the O-line could hold a little better then it had been doing. But the fact that the line did pull together against the Spartans gives me alot of confidence for the Boilermaker game.
heavenseeker Posted September 25, 2006 Author Posted September 25, 2006 For the sake of Irish football I hope your right.
auroramike71 Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 I dont see the O-line jumping out at me as much as them corners. Man theyve been toast for two weeks....
Didymus Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 (edited) yeah, but I'm not just talkin about pocket protection, I'm talkin' bout our running game. Walker looks terrible cuz he can't get a hole usually... Edited September 25, 2006 by Didymus
auroramike71 Posted September 25, 2006 Posted September 25, 2006 So much hope for this season.. your right, it always comes down to the lines. Man losing to Michigan hurt.. Ive had to endure the taunting from those Wolvie fans here in Denver
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now