An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aloysius

I watched season one, and liked it. I haven't caught any of season two. It seems like they really overplayed season one and then this season you hardly ever hear about. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it in reruns.

well, it's really something you gotta watch in order anyway, I'd watch season 2 before gettin into season 3.

I actually totally missed it on nick, but luckily found a way to see it on the net. wow... I am so excited for this season! and they're actually going to have 10 weeks in a row of new episodes? are they serious??! wow... that was the one thing that got sooo annoying, how they'd randomly space the episodes out so long.

ya know, last season they introduced zuko starting with short hair and gradually getting longer and longer... I wonder if that's what they'll do with aang, or if he'll shave it off again...

very powerful though, what aang's going through. this season is going to be so good I think.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1390509' date='Sep 22 2007, 03:54 AM']well, it's really something you gotta watch in order anyway, I'd watch season 2 before gettin into season 3.

I actually totally missed it on nick, but luckily found a way to see it on the net. wow... I am so excited for this season! and they're actually going to have 10 weeks in a row of new episodes? are they serious??! wow... that was the one thing that got sooo annoying, how they'd randomly space the episodes out so long.

ya know, last season they introduced zuko starting with short hair and gradually getting longer and longer... I wonder if that's what they'll do with aang, or if he'll shave it off again...

very powerful though, what aang's going through. this season is going to be so good I think.[/quote]

It better be good, this is the last season.

I thought the episode was good... but not great.

I'm looking forward to Aang growing up a bit. And I'm excited to see him start FIREBENDING!

Combining all four styles would be just devastating.

What I don't get about the show sometimes is why they don't try to fight their "natural enemies" more to gain advantage.

You'd think any firebender would get demolished by a waterbender, and any airbender by an earthbender... water beats earth, air beats water, fire beats air etc.

all the elements are equal in this world, with equal strengths and weaknesses. think of Katara's battle with Zuko. It's not clearcut like that, water doesn't just ipso facto defeat fire, no element ipso facto defeats any other element.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1394954' date='Sep 28 2007, 09:49 PM']can't help but just smile at this episode so far... :) :D[/quote]

I missed it last Friday...darn it! :( Gotta see if it will be on again.

it's on turbonick now

[url="http://www.nick.com/turbonick/"]http://www.nick.com/turbonick/[/url]

the exclamation mark button is for new episodes, it's on there. ;)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1395775' date='Sep 30 2007, 10:00 PM']it's on turbonick now

[url="http://www.nick.com/turbonick/"]http://www.nick.com/turbonick/[/url]

the exclamation mark button is for new episodes, it's on there. ;)[/quote]

Well, I dloaded it from iTunes

don't you have to pay for that? haha should've used turbonick ;)

have you seen it yet? what did you think? I thought it was really well done, a good introduction to the likely theme of this season- that the firenation people aren't bad, that the firenation itself isn't bad, that it has to be redeemed and balance has to be restored.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1395850' date='Oct 1 2007, 01:40 AM']don't you have to pay for that? haha should've used turbonick ;)

have you seen it yet? what did you think? I thought it was really well done, a good introduction to the likely theme of this season- that the firenation people aren't bad, that the firenation itself isn't bad, that it has to be redeemed and balance has to be restored.[/quote]

Yes, you pay, but I still have lots of credit from gift cards from my birthday, so I am not really paying.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting, and though I realize they are building up, it seems a little bit slower this season so far. I guess they really can't do much considering the Avatar is supposed to be dead. I do think tonight's was a foreshadowing of what is possibly to come, in terms of the children helping in the end, turning on the adults, you know, the same story recycled. Only it will be cool to see that one, kind of like when the uncle did at the end of Season 2. (Incidentally, I think they don't have him talking yet because the one who voiced him died and they may not have had a replacement by then).

All in all, I am enjoying it, just want a little more action though...but that is just me, I suppose ;)

Theologian in Training

I liked last night's episode. There was more action and "bending" and you got to see how well Aang mastered the elements...next up, fire...

Personally, I liked The Headband better for its charecter development (i'm a sucker for aang's crush on katara...and katara's aparent feelings for aang that became more aparant in that chapter), but this one was pretty decent. the bending was really good. They're starting out with some filler-like episodes, but it's alright, Like I said, I think a big theme of this season will be the good that is left in the Fire Nation and how it needs to be redeemed, rather than just simply Firenation = Evil... that's why they're having these filler episodes where they have to help out these firenation villages, showing how balance needs to be restored between all four nations.

I imagine there will be some confrontation after the Earth and Water tribes start invading the firenation where they will start treating the firenation people badly and aang will have to get them to understand that the firenation itself is not the enemy, it's the firelord. Maybe one of these villages introduced in the beginning will be involved near the end in the bgger confrontations where the avatar has to make sure that the firenation is not dessimated, but that balance is restored, that the firenation needs to be redeemed and set back on a path of living in peace with the other nations.