An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Vocation Causes Pain...

cathoholic_anonymous

Well I think if one is truly called, then god gives them the grace to respond to that call and to persevere, for if it is a true call, then out of love for your one true love you will give all your heart and sacrifice all, and again if it's a true calling then god will give the grace to those (family, friends) who may not understand or even reject the call, to oneday see. In my own discernment my family right now does not support my vocation and are greatly pained by this decision, and this saddens me and I want so much to take away their pain and I know I could easily just give up and go on living my simple life here, but I can't do that, because there is a burning love so deep within me that calls me to give all and so I continue on this path in following my one love and trusting that if this is his will he will help me and those I love, and by continuing to give my "Yes" and offering up my life and following the holy will of my Love and Father, will be of more benefit to my loved ones than I could ever immagine and it is for them and countless others that I say "Yes"

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1077713' date='Sep 28 2006, 03:27 AM']
I'm deliberately leaving this question nebulous and open-ended so that people can responded freely.

When your vocation causes pain (to you, your family, your friends, etc.) what are your thoughts? How do you react?
[/quote]