An Old School Catholic Message Board

** Teresa De Jesus - On Ewtn **

Chiquitunga

I wanted to watch the St. Francis of Assisi thing, but I forgot to set my alarm so I'd wake up at 3 am. I'm gonna cry. :weep: I didn't go to Mass today either. :sadder:

Okay, EWTN emailed me back, and said they can only play this series about once a year for that very reason - that's it's difficult to fit it into their schedule with times that will work for everyone.

No problem - that's great they're airing it anyway.

But I just realized .. I MIGHT have episode 3 taped when I was trying to copy it from the Buffalo Carmel's copy - however, it is pretty scribbly <---if that's a word :j

NO ONE sells it in the U.S./Canada- along with the ones on St. Teresa of the Andes. I tape them at 3 AM so I was safe, and I'll send you a copy.

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1084193' date='Oct 4 2006, 07:02 PM']
Ah! Did anyone who is taping this series, catch that the one airing today began at 5:30 Eastern time, instead of 6 PM? I just turned it on to start taping, and realized it began a half hour earlier. Is anyone else taping this that would be willing to send a copy of the third part? Thanks!

Margaret
[/quote]

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1084218' date='Oct 4 2006, 07:27 PM']
Yes, the one who plays Teresa did an excellent job at portraying her - so the Reverend Mother at the Buffalo Carmel said. She even looks a lot like some of the paintings of her, with a serious determined face.

My father really loves St. Teresa of Avila also. He saw part of this film from the Buffalo Carmelites, but this time I planned on taping the whole thing and giving it to him for Christmas - but unfortunately I did not get the first half hour of the 3rd part - this is when she was pierced in the heart by the angel. Oh, well.

I think the next 5 chapters start at 6 PM Eastern time.
[/quote]

Was it on today? I had the timer set to record it from 2-3 but, it didn't record so... no problem, I'll record it tonight but, I don't see it as being on. :blink:

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1088075' date='Oct 10 2006, 07:40 AM']
Was it on today? I had the timer set to record it from 2-3 but, it didn't record so... no problem, I'll record it tonight but, I don't see it as being on. :blink:
[/quote]

On ewtn.com it says it was supposed to be on this morning - 3:00 AM to 4 AM Eastern time (2 AM- Central Time, 1 AM Mountain Time, 12 AM Pacific Time). Oh dear, it wasn't on ?? I'm planning to get a copy from brendan, who's taping them at the early morning hour. hhhmmmm

Yes, it should be on tonight at 6 PM Eastern Time. Then tomorrow will be the last one. If I'm able to get all the episodes, I'd be willing to copy them for others too.

If not, if we are all really determined to have all the episodes, I think we'll all have to plan on getting International DVD players for the long run, which run at about $100 - $150. But I don't think I'll be thinking of that, at least not for now. It's neat to have all these episodes in our catholic video libraries however - especially so others can see them.

But either way, as St. Teresa said on her bookmark " ... All things are passing. He who lacks God, lacks nothing. God alone suffices." :j

Edited by Margaret Clare

Yeah!!! It's recording.... no worries :) It just didn't record this morning because my TV didn't turn it to the right channel.

Thank you Margaret Clare for letting us know about this wonderful series!

Edited by onlygrace08

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Did anyone record at 6PM on Monday and not at 3AM?
We didn't get episode #6 because it didn't air that morning! Unfortunately, I didn't find out until 7:30 that night when I checked the tape!

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1089123' date='Oct 11 2006, 10:26 AM']
Did anyone record at 6PM on Monday and not at 3AM?
We didn't get episode #6 because it didn't air that morning! Unfortunately, I didn't find out until 7:30 that night when I checked the tape!
[/quote]
Peace be with you!

Dear Sister, I believe that I still have that episode on TiVo. If I do, I could burn you a DVD copy. Just let me know...

Does anyone have last Thursday and Friday's episodes? They were deleted before I could watch them. :(

Also, is this series based on a particular book? Or could someone suggest a good biography of Santa Teresa? I don't know much about her and this miniseries has piqued my interest. Thanks!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='melikalani' post='1089133' date='Oct 11 2006, 02:45 PM']
Peace be with you!

Dear Sister, I believe that I still have that episode on TiVo. If I do, I could burn you a DVD copy. Just let me know...

Does anyone have last Thursday and Friday's episodes? They were deleted before I could watch them. :(

Also, is this series based on a particular book? Or could someone suggest a good biography of Santa Teresa? I don't know much about her and this miniseries has piqued my interest. Thanks!
[/quote]

God bless you for your kindness. Brendan is sending a copy.
TiVo? I don't think I want to ask....a sure sign I've been in the monastery for awhile!

Marcelle Auclair's book is especially good. The movie seems to be following along the lines of this book but I don't know if that's just a coincidence.

a very compelling movie...last year i saw all the episodes.

found another [u]Teresa de Jesus[/u] (1961, Spain) DVD:

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Teresa-Jesus/dp/B000F3AAI4"]http://www.amazon.com/Teresa-Jesus/dp/B000F3AAI4[/url]

Guest Rick777

No worries if you didn't catch them all this time. They seem to air every so often throughout the year. Great mini-series. St. Teresa is the best. :cool:

I hope this a great feast for the House of Carmel since today is St. Teresa de Jesus feast day!!! Blessing to all the Secular Carmelites on this list!!

• 2 months later...
Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1157906' date='Jan 7 2007, 03:27 AM']
I wonder if this year, they'll play this series again ..
[/quote]

I sure hope they do. I only saw one episode and I thought it was great. I tried to get a copy from EWTN but could not. I tried to locate a copy on the web and concluded they don't exist :weep: . If someone is succesful at obtaining a copy please post and share. :drool:
Mr. Ray