Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Since every new topic that is posted quickly degenerates into spam within 8 posts, i suggest we start keeping things on topic





















































:rolling:

Posted

[size=1]There are penguins in Alaska
[/size]

Posted

I was kinda half serious. i don't really know anymnore

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted
:idontknow:
Posted

yeah thats another thing, when did smileys become equal to a human response with words. :wall:

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

Since the smiley's thread was made? I use it sometimes because it's fun. For example, with just saying ok...you add a :) or a :madrant: it just shows more emotion?

Posted

I don't really want to hear what a smiley has to say, they are for clarification of what you are saying, not a substitute

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

I just liked the shoulder shrug. :idontknow:

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1084508' date='Oct 4 2006, 11:08 PM']
I don't really want to hear what a smiley has to say, they are for clarification of what you are saying, not a substitute
[/quote]


:huh: <("yeesh, lighten up buddy")

Posted

i'm just saying that putting an emoticon is not really cool, i'd rather hear what you've got to say. if you have nothing to say than so be it

Posted

[size=1]I think emoticons are there for nonverbal communication.
Cause over the internet you do not have the facial emotion junk.
Yuo know? Im tired I cant thikn
[/size]

Posted

Yes, they are to show HOW you are saying it, not WHAT you are saying.

Posted

[size=1]Yea.
They help give some emotion to your typing cause none of us are in the physicaly presence of the other.

But there IS nonverbal communication. We are CONSTATNLY sending nonverbal communication.
[/size]

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1084521' date='Oct 4 2006, 11:17 PM']
i'm just saying that putting an emoticon is not really cool, i'd rather hear what you've got to say. if you have nothing to say than so be it
[/quote]


Well if you're only interested in hearing what we've all got to say we might as well not even post, cuz if you can hear the words instead of reading them... you're some special.

Posted
:lol_above: smartalec

Typed words are the equivalent of what you would say, and the emoticons stand for HOW you are saying it.
Posted

[size=1]I dont understand why everyone is laughing
[/size]

Posted

I don't know either

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

Laughing is contagious. :)

Posted

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1084594' date='Oct 5 2006, 12:06 AM']
:lol_pound:
[/quote]
see i am not sure if Christie is laughing at me or with me because she [b]only[/b] put an emoticon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...