PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 I have 15 days left before i ship out to Ft. Benning, GA to go through my basic Training in the KS Army National Guard. If all goes well, I will finish Training Jan. 17 and leave directly to Ft. Sam Houston, TX (Amarillo). I will be there until Jun 17 going through my AIT as a 91W (combat Medic). So if any of you are around Amarillo and are willing to meet up during that time, left me know. I figure I could use some good Catholic reenforcement after that time. Anyway. Things are looking good, and in two years I might be able to transfer into the Officer Corps, as a Chaplain once I start Seminary. Please keep me, and all servicemen fo that matter in your prayers.
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 I'll be praying for you. My husband did his basic at Ft. Benning. When he got to AIT he said he was really glad he'd been able to do it there because it was all men (not because females would have been a temptation... no, not my husband. He just finds them annoying Thats why he preferred basic to AIT).
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 I requested Ft. Benning, because everyone I talk to says it's the hardest. The way I figure it I wanna get the best an toughest training I can, so then I understand.
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' post='1086935' date='Oct 8 2006, 11:01 PM'] I requested Ft. Benning, because everyone I talk to says it's the hardest. The way I figure it I wanna get the best an toughest training I can, so then I understand. [/quote] Yeah, that was another thing he said. I don't think he actually requested Benning, but when he heard what it was like compared to other training facilities he was glad; if he could tough it out through that then he know's he's truly got what it takes. Apparently the training he went through (he's a 25B) was actually some new thing they were trying with guys in his type of field (different from the regular infantry training) so it was highly accelerated and MORE difficult than it used to be... something-something... I'd have to ask him to explain it to me again, I forget now! (This was only last year, he graduated basic in December.)
cmotherofpirl Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 My daughter will be going in several weeks
Dave Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 Hey PadrePio, I live in Georgia! My hometown a LONG way from Columbus, where Fort Benning is, but heck, if you ever decide you want to meet a PMer from Georgia at some point, let me know!
iKonstantin Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 Is it moral to willingly enter the armed forces? bpat Konstantin
Mercy me Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 :applause: Thank you for doing this. I will pray for you as you go through your basic.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 [quote name='iKonstantin' post='1087054' date='Oct 8 2006, 11:33 PM'] Is it moral to willingly enter the armed forces? bpat Konstantin [/quote] I believe it is indeed moral to willingly enter the military. I know there are Church documents on the subject, and I believe the Cathechism has a section on it as well. my particular job will be a medic, so I especially believe I have a good moral position in the military. I hope when all is said and done, to be a Priest in the military as a Chaplain. One of the worst I think we can do for our Catholic Soldiers is to send them away with no access to the sacraments. I appreciate your concern. Found it... CCC 2308 and CCC 2310 are specific to the question above, however the entire section is good to read
heavenseeker Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 You better come back to Kansas in one piece.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 (edited) [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' post='1087234' date='Oct 9 2006, 01:56 AM'] I believe it is indeed moral to willingly enter the military. I know there are Church documents on the subject, and I believe the Cathechism has a section on it as well. my particular job will be a medic, so I especially believe I have a good moral position in the military. I hope when all is said and done, to be a Priest in the military as a Chaplain. One of the worst I think we can do for our Catholic Soldiers is to send them away with no access to the sacraments. I appreciate your concern. Found it... CCC 2308 and CCC 2310 are specific to the question above, however the entire section is good to read [/quote] oh and CCC 2313 [quote] heaven seeker You better come back to Kansas in one piece. [/quote] I'll do my best. Edited October 9, 2006 by PadrePioOfPietrelcino
ardillacid Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 (edited) [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' post='1086935' date='Oct 8 2006, 10:01 PM'] I requested Ft. Benning, because everyone I talk to says it's the hardest. The way I figure it I wanna get the best an toughest training I can, so then I understand. [/quote] [url="http://www.marines.com/page/usmc.jsp?flashRedirect=true"]What you are searching FOR[/url] its a link, sorry Edited October 9, 2006 by notardillacid
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 9, 2006 Author Posted October 9, 2006 not so much searching, but understanding on a certain level the extreme of basic training. Ft. Benning is known as the oughest basic. It is also where the Ranger school and Airborne schools are. If you make it through Benning then you understand military bearing in a way that some may not after going through other BCT sites. I always seek to understand the people I am around.
Paladin D Posted October 9, 2006 Posted October 9, 2006 God speed dude. I don't know you very well, but I am wanting to enlist sometime next year in the U.S. Army as either a 25V (Combat documentation/Production specialist), or 11B (Infantry). I have several things I have to resolve, before I will be ready to ship off.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 10, 2006 Author Posted October 10, 2006 I wish you the best... 13 days left.
heavenseeker Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 Will you be here when fall break starts?
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 10, 2006 Author Posted October 10, 2006 When does fall break start? I leave on the 23rd for KC, and ship on the 24th for GA
heavenseeker Posted October 10, 2006 Posted October 10, 2006 yeah you wil be here, it starts the 19th
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now