An Old School Catholic Message Board

And You Are Christ's

veroni213

Has anybody read And You Are Christ's: The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life by Fr. Thomas Dubay? Is worth it? Or, have you read any of his other books, and are they good?

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1093006' date='Oct 16 2006, 12:41 PM']
Has anybody read And You Are Christ's: The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life by Fr. Thomas Dubay? Is worth it? Or, have you read any of his other books, and are they good?
[/quote]

Yes. I read it back in March and it was a wonderful book. After I finished it my spiritual director recommended I read I think it was called Blessed Are the Poor? By Fr.Dubay on poverty.

Gosh I read it ages ago--and was at a much different place in my life than I am now. I read part of it about five or six years ago, and didn't finish it. Then I read it again about two or three years ago and came under a different impression. I bet if I were to read it again (through my "I read too many books in grad school" lens), I might come up with something entirely new again.

Yes I read the book.

I was glad to find this book because I had already decided that I was called to live my life as a virigin whether or not I was called to religious life. There isn't much out there that speaks about this topic.

It was wonderful to read my actual experiences and feelings in the book so anyone struggling with the charism of viriginity or the celibate life in general, I would suggest this book. My copy has been passed around quite a bit between seminiaries till finally I didn't see it again. I had to buy another copy :D:

Thanks y'all...I think I'm going to make a Catholic book shopping trip this week.

Edited by TrueImage

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1093006' date='Oct 16 2006, 10:41 AM']
[/quote]

Truly it was one of the most beautifull books I ever read. It was so reasuring and Loving. everyone should read it but most especially decerning souls.

Margaret

So...I just got back from the book store where I bought the book. But I don't have it because it fell out of my bag in the Metro. :maddest: uurgh So annoying. Anyways, the nice Metro guy told me that if it was found I'd probably get it back by Tuesday. In the meantime I have two other books to keep me happy.

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1094975' date='Oct 18 2006, 02:14 PM']
So...I just got back from the book store where I bought the book. But I don't have it because it fell out of my bag in the Metro. :maddest: uurgh So annoying. Anyways, the nice Metro guy told me that if it was found I'd probably get it back by Tuesday. In the meantime I have two other books to keep me happy.
[/quote]

what other books did you get?

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1093006' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:41 AM']
[/quote]

I just started reading this book myself...and I am enjoying it. The vocation directress for the IHMs gave me a copy...let me know what you think when u begin reading it!!

Well, I finally got my book. It turns out I left it on the counter at the bookstore. :doh: Luckily, the bookstore guy remembered me and I got it back. Now all I need is time to sit down and read it.