An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mary Perfictly United...

CICCIO

It is pronounced cheecho...but i was realy askinga question about what that meant, what is perfectly united.

Edited by CICCIO

Perfectly united as in:

We are members of the Body of Christ.

Christ was nailed to the cross.

If we are a perfect member of the Body of Christ (free from sin), then we are perfectly united to the same cross he died on.

He died to free the world from sin.

We must die to sin.

And check this out. As Simeon prophesied, "and a sword will pierce your heart too".

Mary was a perfect member of the Body of Christ. She is the epitamy of the "Church". She is the Bride of the Holy Spirit, and as such, she became "one" with her Son (in humanity, might I remind our non-Catholic viewers). So, truly, when Christ's heart was pierced, so too was Mary's.

We are called to be perfect members of the Body of Christ. In this, we are called to unite ourselves perfectly to the Cross with Christ.

good job jake.................cicco, i thought u were providing a hypothetical question and then the answer to it. hehe, my bad.

lol, its ok phat'. So Jake, shes perfectly united becasue she's sinless?

Exactly. At least, that's my take on it. In order to be united to the Cross with Christ, one must be a perfect member of the Body of Christ.

We attempt, through daily devotion and fighting tooth and nail to stay clear of sin, to unite ourselves to Christ. We offer up our earthly suffering. We offer up our temptations. We fast and pray. These are all ways of attaining to a perfect union with Christ on the Cross. They are all ways of attaining to a perfect life IN Christ, without sin.

You see, Christ bore our sins, when he bore His Cross.

If we can live a sinnless life, then we've perfectly united ourselves to his Cross, which was our sins.