Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The count down for Journey Retreat 2006 is now upon us :D: It is in two weeks now, and I am beyond phsyced for this event. It is a huge religious event where people from all over Maine and some from PA come here to worship Christ! It's so awesome! Our generation is really coming along. November 4, at 9:00 p.m. I ask for prayers from you guys because it is the deepest part of the whole retreat. The Eucharistic prosession. We make a huge spiral and they walk around the spiral with a Monstrance with Jesus Christ in it. Some people faint, and have visions. This is also a point where people get their calling. Whether to the priesthood or sisterhood, or to a married life. It is very deep, and I ask that your prayers are for us at that time because its shows most of us our path. Thanks guys, you rock!


I'll be respresenting Sts. Peter and Paul Bascilica. There will only be four of us from that church, so if you see a name tag that says that, there is a 1 in 4 chance that its me :)


Is anybody here from Maine or PA going?

Edited by JesusIPray
Posted

I dont know if Im going to come, the CFRs may not be able to come because they havent done Protecting Gods Children, nor have they had backround checks. :(

Posted

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ohmygosh, that makes me so upset! I am really upset about the whole "Protecting God's Children" thing. :madrant:
But anyways, JesusIPray, I am coming. I go to the Parish of the Holy Spirit. so....

Posted

I'll be coming, as long as the Franciscans will. The possibility that they might not be allowed to come is absolutely reprehensible. I won't go if they aren't there; I'll camp out at the Blessed Sacrament Chapel all weekend instead. :annoyed:

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Luthien' post='1098372' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:23 AM']
I dont know if Im going to come, the CFRs may not be able to come because they havent done Protecting Gods Children, nor have they had backround checks. :(
[/quote]
Are you joking? :ohno: That's ridiculous. :pinch:

If they have to go through EVERY safe environment training for EVERY diocese they work in... :ohno: I know why these systems are in place but that's just sad. :(

Posted (edited)

Wow, thats great to hear some of you guys are coming!

About protecting God's children; it is a hassel and annoying, but if you think about it for a moment, this is the exact type of thing that would draw those kinds of people. I mean, 500 teenagers, it would be the perfect opportunity, unfortunitaly.

[quote]But anyways, JesusIPray, I am coming. I go to the Parish of the Holy Spirit. so....[/quote]

Is that in ME?

Edited by hugheyforlife
Posted

Yeah, PHS is in ME.


I heard that the CFRs aren't going. And they're the entire reason I attend. Sooooo..... :maddest:

Posted
:madrant: But we have to make sure the CFRs arent coming so that we dont panic for nothing...
xTrishaxLynnx
Posted
:o I'm sad... I've never heard of this "Journey" :(

It sounds awesome.
Posted

I am surprised that you have not heard of it, bein gin the Portland Diocese. It is really well known.

I am surprised that you have not heard of it, bein gin the Portland Diocese. It is really well known.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Hmm... maybe I've heard it in passing, but it doesn't sound familiar. I had also never heard of DTS til I signed up on phatmass... so maybe I'm just not with it? :idontknow: lol

Posted

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1099283' date='Oct 23 2006, 06:40 PM']
Hmm... maybe I've heard it in passing, but it doesn't sound familiar. I had also never heard of DTS til I signed up on phatmass... so maybe I'm just not with it? :idontknow: lol
[/quote]
Oh gosh! You've never heard of DTS?!?!? You absolutely have to come!!! The next one will be at St. Johns (in the church) from 6-8 p.m. on November 12. Unfortunately, goldbug and I won't be there for that one, but they are too cool to miss consistantly.

Posted

Well, now that you have, there is one every year in November, so maybe you could come next year! :)

What are the CFR's?

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='Tindomiel' post='1099355' date='Oct 23 2006, 06:53 PM']
Oh gosh! You've never heard of DTS?!?!? You absolutely have to come!!! The next one will be at St. Johns (in the church) from 6-8 p.m. on November 12. Unfortunately, goldbug and I won't be there for that one, but they are too cool to miss consistantly.
[/quote]

Sweet. :) I'd love to check it out. Who runs it and how often do they have meetings?

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1099381' date='Oct 23 2006, 07:24 PM']
Well, now that you have, there is one every year in November, so maybe you could come next year! :)

What are the CFR's?
[/quote]

I hope I can make it next year... are there any qualifications?

Posted

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1099381' date='Oct 23 2006, 09:24 PM']
Well, now that you have, there is one every year in November, so maybe you could come next year! :)

What are the CFR's?
[/quote]



CFRs: Franciscan Friars of the Renewal.

Posted

Luthien, I love your sigatar! :love:

chickens4life
Posted (edited)

I may be going, but my atendance is also dependent on the CFRs presence.

Edited by chickens4life
franciscanheart
Posted
:ohno: Anyone know if they're going to make it? That so stinks.
Posted

[quote]I hope I can make it next year... are there any qualifications?[/quote]

The only qualifications you need is to be 14 and in highschool.


The countdown for it is 11 guys. :cool:

Posted

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1099407' date='Oct 23 2006, 08:59 PM']
Sweet. :) I'd love to check it out. Who runs it and how often do they have meetings?
[/quote]
Fr. Paul runs it, and we try to meet about once a month. (Although we'd like to do more... we can't fit it into our YM schedule. :ohno: )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...