Catherine Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 A few questions based on what hand you use and it's relation to stuff. *sits back* : Read the questions and answers with care
Sojourner Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 My mom is lefthanded and she used to get mad at us (everyone else is right-handed) for using her left-handed scissors because we'd ruin them by using them right-handed.
homeschoolmom Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 My mother-in-law, brother-in-law and husband are all lefties. But none of my kids are.
Fulton Sheen Warrior Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 +JMJ+ Lefty through and though. :
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I write left handed but do pretty much everything else right handed. I have a lot of ability with my left hand but not as good as my right hand (except for writing...). My dad thinks I am a natural lefty but just grew up seeing everybody use their right hand. My mom disagrees... I consider myself ambidextrous.
jmj Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I'm left-handed in a family of righties. I also catch and throw with my left hand. I was not a popular pick for high school softball. :
Mercy me Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I am right handed. I write right handed. However, I can throw equally well with each hand and I am better at using tools with my left hand. Fine motor skills are always right handed.
franciscanheart Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I've often had trouble with binders and I'm right-handed.
RC_ Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I'm left handed and just write upside down. No problems with the binder then.
cathoholic Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 I eat pudding with my right hand too... mmmhmmm pudding
Thy Geekdom Come Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 [img]http://www.leftorium.com/images/leftorium_400.jpg[/img] [url="http://www.leftorium.com/"]http://www.leftorium.com/[/url]
Catherine Posted October 30, 2006 Author Posted October 30, 2006 [quote name='T-Bone' post='1105156' date='Oct 30 2006, 01:04 PM'] You write [i]upside down[/i]? [/quote] I can never do that very well. I am left handed. I play sports left handed too. I get ink all over my hand since my hand drags over the stuff I just wrote. Somebody once told me I write like a right handed person with my left...I dunno. I sometimes take the paper out of the binder to write but never liked the whole upside down stuff. In my family out of the 9 of us 2 are left handed. In my family I'm the only one to play sports left handed so far. I can play some sports right handed but it's harder for me. The same with all tasks. It smells of elderberries when people are trying to teach you stuff and they can't explain the way you would do it since you use the other hand (happens alot in sports type things). : Sweet stuff. I just wanted to see the relation between left handed people and how they do things and all.
Guest T-Bone Posted October 30, 2006 Posted October 30, 2006 So what does it mean to write upside down?
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 31, 2006 Posted October 31, 2006 Both my parents are right handed and so are all 12 of us kids. I think in my husband's family both his parents are right handed but he has 2 (I think its only 2...) left handed siblings. I still hate using binders and always get pen on my hands. lol
Aloysius Posted October 31, 2006 Posted October 31, 2006 darn sinister people shoulda tied a rock to their left hand when they were young and fixed themselves!
Guest T-Bone Posted October 31, 2006 Posted October 31, 2006 [quote name='Aloysius' post='1105941' date='Oct 31 2006, 12:47 AM'] darn sinister people shoulda tied a rock to their left hand when they were young and fixed themselves! [/quote] "If your left hand causes you to be sinister, cut it off."
Catherine Posted November 2, 2006 Author Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='T-Bone' post='1105553' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:56 PM'] So what does it mean to write upside down? [/quote] When the paper is turned sideways as shown on this site (or at least I'm pretty sure that's what it is...that's what I call it). [url="http://www.nibs.com/Left-hand%20writers.htm"]http://www.nibs.com/Left-hand%20writers.htm[/url] (see example #4).
RC_ Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 Well, I thought all lefties wrote the "funny way." I meant that I turn the whole paper upside down, so the spine of the binder/notebook is towards my thumb.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now