An Old School Catholic Message Board

More Inconsistency

Cam42

This was posted by Budge in the thread that we cannot respond in,

[quote]Since you are a new convert, I KNOW for a fact they are using evangelical lingo and telling new converts--one I personally know in my family, they dont have to believe official Catholic teachings to be a Catholic. This person was told they could reject Purgatory and the Immaculate Conception and convert to Catholicism with no problems. They did it to marry mostly.[/quote]

This is a lie. Plain and simple. I have been a Catechist for a long time and I have many contacts throughout the US and the world. I have never heard this taught, spoken about or uttered from even the most "liberal" of my Catholic counterparts or superiors. There are certain aspects of the Church which cannot be denied.

This is simply more baiting on Budge's part to infuriate the posters here. I am simply responding to let you know that of all the Catechists that I know, "conservative" and "liberal," the basic teachings, which these two are, are not deviated from.

This is a plea to Budge to please be intellectually honest when debating. If you want to argue the issues, that is fine, but don't fabricate lies like this to simply mislead and distract Catholics.

Also, if you wanna take me on, with anything DOGMATIC or DOCTRINAL, please bring it, because I will stand toe to toe and not back off you. Is it a matter of winning with me, YOU BET, I am fighting for your soul, hard as it may be.

I would not rule out anyone saying this. Arius was a Bishop after all. But it would remain incorrect, whether or not someone said it. The idea that the weeds turn the wheat into weeds by simple asociation is an unbiblical idea, but our dear friend clings to it with claws and teeth.

Yeah I wouldn't rule this out either. I got some sketchy info in my RCIA class. I got much more out of doing my own reading and research.

[quote name='mulls' post='1105220' date='Oct 30 2006, 02:48 PM']
just ask her to be specific.
[/quote]

Right.....been there, done that.....doesn't work.

[quote]Since you are a new convert, I KNOW for a fact they are using evangelical lingo and telling new converts--[/quote]

I honestly feel this is too specific. "They" have done this. The shadowy "they." Perhaps it's a specific RCIA group.

Evangelism is not only a sect of the cult of Christ. It is also a verb. When you evangelise, you spread the faith. So yes, they probably do use "evangelical lingo," after a fashion.

[quote]one I personally know in my family,[/quote]

Well, there we have it. A sizeable percentage!

[quote] they dont have to believe official Catholic teachings to be a Catholic. [/quote]

Well, there's a paragraph I missed in the Catechism. Probably next to the rejection of Christ as our Savior paragraph. I bet Opus Dei used invisible ink in my Catechism!

[quote]This person was told they could reject Purgatory and the Immaculate Conception and convert to Catholicism with no problems. They did it to marry mostly.[/quote]

Yes, sadly because our priests aren't psychic, people lying to them still works. And then there's corruption and heresy, because that pesky mind control technology we've been trying to develop, all the while using Catholic Charities as a front.

NEXT!

[quote name='Winchester' post='1105389' date='Oct 30 2006, 03:55 PM']
... because that pesky mind control technology we've been trying to develop, all the while using Catholic Charities as a front.
[/quote]
I have heard rumors about some sort of supercomputer at the Vatican that's tracking us all ...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1105405' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:09 PM']
I have heard rumors about some sort of supercomputer at the Vatican that's tracking us all ...
[/quote]
Oh, how I wish my googlebot profile still worked.

it's entirely possible that Budge is accurately reporting the words of some idiot. All too likely that it's true.

But, those people will all die one day.

[quote name='Kosh' post='1105835' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:50 PM']
Cam42, if Budge tried to enter into a rational debate on soley doctrinal issues she'd lose.
[/quote]

Shhhh....you're wrecking my baiting technique..... :fisherman: