Im4Him Posted January 14, 2004 Posted January 14, 2004 How's the forehead, Mark? Did you call a :doc: ?
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2004 Posted January 14, 2004 Mark, I'm sorry for your pain and suffering, but I have to say that when I read this thread I laughed out loud. I hope you're feeling better!! Regards, Sojourner
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 14, 2004 Posted January 14, 2004 Mark, I'm sorry for your pain and suffering, but I have to say that when I read this thread I laughed out loud. I hope you're feeling better!! Regards, Sojourner I laughed too, but realizing that it totally was NOT hypothetical before I even got to the end I had to try and come up with some solutions.
geetarplayer Posted January 15, 2004 Author Posted January 15, 2004 LOL, I suppose I am guilty of not being totally serious when my own personal safety is at stake. If you laughed when you read this topic, then I've done my job. Here's something else to laugh at: When I first started to feel my forehead burning, I started to stutter out things like, "Forehead, ow, burning, alkaline, water..." and my friends didn't know what I meant. I yelled, "I have to go to the bathroom!" and started running down the hall. They were like, "What's wrong, Mark?" and I screamed, "I HAVE BATTERY ACID ON MY FACE!!" Then I ran into the girls' bathroom because it was the closest room with running water. By the way, I think I've diluted it to the point where it's relatively harmless. I didn't call a doctor or poison control, but I think it'll be alright. Thanks for your thoughts, all. :wub: -Mark
geetarplayer Posted January 15, 2004 Author Posted January 15, 2004 By the way, my chemistry teacher told me that when the baking soda was making it burn even more, it did mean it was working. It was reacting with the acid and neutralizing it. -Mark
Guest Legion Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 Being an electrician, I found out, if I did anything absentmindedly (?) or stupid to hurt myself, I would brush up against a live wire... or was that the reason I hurt myself? I dunno. I need to go test that theory to make sure I get it right!
Guest Legion Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 dddddddoonn''''tttt bbbrrrush uppp aaaggainsttt aaaa lliiiivve wwwiiree!!!!
PatrickRitaMichael Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 once i got oil based paint all over my face and i had to use turpentine and a loofah to get it off. it hurt so much and my face was all raw and greasy for 2 days afterwards but then my skin was all clear. i would never use turpentine on my face again but i know what you mean about the exfoliating thing i can see the headlines now: beauty secrets of the stars using household ingredients! :cool:
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 Haha Mark, that so funny. Its nice you can come out of something like that laughing and share it with everyone. I'd probably still be too embarassed to share for several more days. lol
CICCIO Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 water's only gonna make more acit on your head dude! dont use it, its like when u eat a hot pepper and drink water, it'll only get worse becase of the chenical reaction....id suggst not poking batteries any more lol
BLAZEr Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 By the way, my chemistry teacher told me that when the baking soda was making it burn even more, it did mean it was working. It was reacting with the acid and neutralizing it. -Mark Is that because it's an exothermic reaction? Hmmm . . . man I wish I had listened more in Chemistry . . it's actually interesting stuff . ..
fancypants Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 LOL this is so funny. Sorry to be laughing at your expense... but this board just made my day! For the record, i'm a chem major and want to be a chemist :-) and you're right about the acid/base causing a powerful neutralizing reaction! Out of Control! Thanks for making my day with that battery juice! ~Fancypants :-P
littleflower+JMJ Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 LOL this is so funny. Sorry to be laughing at your expense... but this board just made my day! For the record, i'm a chem major and want to be a chemist :-) and you're right about the acid/base causing a powerful neutralizing reaction! Out of Control! Thanks for making my day with that battery juice! ~Fancypants :-P cool!! a chemist is in our midst!! can you make homemade fireworks? :stretcher: im glad everythings okay mark :ph34r:
jasJis Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 I've never had battery acid on my forehead burn, but my lobotomy scars sometimes itch something fierce...
marielapin Posted January 15, 2004 Posted January 15, 2004 Even though acid burns do hurt, I must say that if you get any strong bases on your skin, it is pretty much hell. Bases are evil. I had to work with pretty strong acids and bases in my chemical engineering labs and the bases are tricky because they don't start burning right away. Some people don't even know they have them on their skin and then find out later that the bases have eaten their skin away. I kid you not. At least acids let you FEEL that something is wrong right away, so that you know you need to wash your skin!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now