cmotherofpirl Posted November 1, 2006 Posted November 1, 2006 California Tapes Show Abortion Centers Tell Teens to Deceive Parents by Steven Ertelt LifeNews.com Editor November 1, 2006 Sacramento, CA (LifeNews.com) -- The organization that is working to get California voters to approve a parental notification initiative on the state ballot has released the transcript of taped phone calls showing abortion centers urging teens to lie to their parents. The tapes reveal how abortion facilities help minor teens cover up instances of statutory rape. The Yes on 85 campaign released transcripts of five secretly recorded conversations to abortion centers by a caller identifying herself as a 13-year-old girl with a 22-year-old boyfriend seeking an abortion without the knowledge of her parents. Under California law, the girl would be the victim of statutory rape and her boyfriend would have committed a crime that abortion businesses should report to authorities. The tapes reveal that abortion center employees repeatedly try to help the girl find ways around reporting the crime -- and offer suggestions on how the teen can keep her parents in the dark, with no concern for her status as a victim of sexual abuse. They only warn her that her parents might find out -- if they get a call from the hospital. "That is why proponents of Proposition 85 have urged voters to approve the Parents' Right to Know & Child Protection Initiative, which would protect young girls from this fate," says Mike Byrne of the Yes on 85 campaign. "Opponents have argued that young girls would be placed in danger if Proposition 85 passes, but these tapes show just the opposite," he said. "The real danger is that child predators can take girls as young as 12 to an abortion clinic, and the clinic will go out of its way to keep secret not only the abortion, but also the crime." The transcripts of the tapes that follow are among 93 tapes available on the Yes on 85 website. The tapes are numbered for easy reference. TRANSCRIPTS: (1) "Don't mention your partner is that old" Antioch, California, Tape No. 546 CALLER: Okay. Well do you know -- I'm just really worried about all this because like, well I'm going to be 14 in March, and my friend told me that you guys would have to tell my parents I'm getting an abortion. But my boyfriend's 22. Is that old enough to take care of it and they wouldn't have to tell anybody about anything? CLINIC: Oh, God. Your boyfriend's 22? CALLER: Yeah. CLINIC: Umm. Yeah. Hold on, please. CALLER: Okay. CLINIC: No, you'll be fine. It's just going to be a problem if you let them know that your partner is over 21, because that is against the law. CALLER: Why is it against the law? CLINIC: Because you, you know, it's not -- if he's over 21 and you're under 18 and you're having intercourse it's just -- you don't know about that law in California? CALLER: No. CLINIC: Yeah. You need to get informed about that. So just don't let them know, but you don't have to have your parents know. You don't have to have them know that you're getting a procedure in Concord, okay? CALLER: All right. CLINIC: So you're protected by the right of privacy, but don't mention your partner is that old, okay? (2) "When you come in here, you cannot disclose what your partner's age is." Santa Maria, California, Tape No. 307 CALLER: And you guys wouldn't have to tell my parents or anything? My boyfriend is 22, and he's a great guy. It's just my parents hate him, and they can't find out at all. CLINIC: When you come in here, you cannot disclose what your partner's age is. (3) "As long as you don't tell us, everything's fine." San Luis Obispo, California, Tape No. 379 CALLER: I'm just really scared because my friend told me that, well, I'll be 14 in March, and she said that my parents would have to know. But my boyfriend's 22. Could he just sign whatever, and you guys wouldn't have to tell anybody? CLINIC: Well, we don't need to know how old your boyfriend is first of all. CALLER: Oh, okay. CLINIC: -- because it sounds like we would have to report it. CALLER: What do you mean report it? Who would you have to report it to? CLINIC: Because he's over 18 and you're 14. So as long as you don't tell us, everything's fine. And we don't need your parent's consent, and we don't need his consent either. (4) "So if you can hide that from your mom and your dad then you're fine." San Bernardino, California, Tape No. 163 CALLER: Well, I just can't let my parents know at all. CLINIC: That's why I'm letting, that's why I'm telling you, you -- it's kind of hard for girls to hide it from their parents because you have to take medication and you have to -- CALLER: Oh. Well, so what should I do? CLINIC: I mean, we'll be more than happy to help you here, but I'm just trying to let you know what to watch out for because you don't want your parents to know. CALLER: Yeah. CLINIC: And you will be going home with paperwork. CALLER: Oh, okay. CLINIC: Okay? So if you can hide that from your mom and your dad then you're fine. (5) "They don't say that you're at Planned Parenthood having an abortion." Encinitas, California, Tape No. 158 CALLER: Oh. But you guys won't tell anybody? CLINIC: No. But the thing is, in case of an emergency since you're a minor, we had to send you to the hospital, we need to notify your parents, but we don't -- CALLER: But they can't find out at all. CLINIC: Well, the thing is, in cases of an emergency and we had to send you to the hospital, the hospital will notify your parents. CALLER: Well, why can't my boyfriend just take care of it? CLINIC: Well, the thing is, if you are a minor under 18 by law the hospital has to notify your parents regardless if you're there with your boyfriend, if you're there with your grandmother. If you're a minor under 18 and something was to happen to you, automatically wherever you go they have to contact your parents. They don't say that you're at Planned Parenthood having an abortion. They just say you're at the hospital for, you know. I just want you to be aware of that.
KizlarAgha Posted November 1, 2006 Posted November 1, 2006 Yeah. I saw the commercials from the liberal groups trying to get you to vote against parental consent. It's ridiculous. I don't have a link to the commercials but they don't even mention abortion. It's a vague message about your daughter coming to you if she needs to talk, but that some girls aren't so lucky because they're in abusive homes. Absolutely ridiculous.
CatholicCid Posted November 1, 2006 Posted November 1, 2006 [quote]They don't say that you're at Planned Parenthood having an abortion. They just say you're at the hospital for, you know. I just want you to be aware of that.[/quote] Isn't that falsifing documents?
Catherine Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 What's the legal age in California? Where I live it is 14. So I'm confused.
KizlarAgha Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='Catherine' post='1108182' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:40 PM'] What's the legal age in California? Where I live it is 14. So I'm confused. [/quote] In California, the legal age to have sex is 18.
ardillacid Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='KizlarAgha' post='1108192' date='Nov 1 2006, 07:44 PM'] In California, the legal age to have sex is 18. [/quote] isn't that the legal age in all states?
KizlarAgha Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1108221' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:04 PM'] isn't that the legal age in all states? [/quote] I don't know. I thought so. Some states have exceptions in that they allow marriage at a younger age and they permit sex within that marriage. But I think getting married before 18 is crazy. Actually, I think sex and marriage are crazy in general.
Resurrexi Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 um... I think it's ideal to marry between 14-20 if your a chick adn 16-20 if you're a guy... I wouldn't say getting married before 18 is crazy...
KizlarAgha Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1108257' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:28 PM'] um... I think it's ideal to marry between 14-20 if your a chick adn 16-20 if you're a guy... I wouldn't say getting married before 18 is crazy... [/quote] So you don't think that sex and marriage are completely oddball, crazy things to do? Wow...
HeavenlyCalling Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 Wow, that is terrible. I am aware that some parents ARE abusive ( something I have never had to deal with, Deo Gratis!), that is why I pray day and night for voacations to the Sisters of Life, and people who think like them.
kateri05 Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 sigh. california just smells of elderberries in so many ways
KizlarAgha Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='kateri05' post='1108308' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:08 PM'] sigh. california just smells of elderberries in so many ways [/quote] I don't much like it either. It's really sunny and has few trees down here in Southern Cali. Both of those are negative marks in my book.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 I can't remember her name, but there's a candidate with a commercial stating that anyone who wants to vote to make abortion illegal is behind the times.
Catherine Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='KizlarAgha' post='1108192' date='Nov 1 2006, 06:44 PM'] In California, the legal age to have sex is 18. [/quote] [quote name='notardillacid' post='1108221' date='Nov 1 2006, 07:04 PM'] isn't that the legal age in all states? [/quote] It might be. I'm not from the USA so I'm not sure. I know it's 14 where I live. Some people want it up to 16.
MissScripture Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1108221' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:04 PM'] isn't that the legal age in all states? [/quote] I thought it was 16 in MN. At least that's what we were taught in "Health."
ardillacid Posted November 2, 2006 Posted November 2, 2006 [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png/800px-Age_of_Consent.png"]off wiki[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now