Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 I'm going to update this original post throughout the night until I go to bed. Everyone make announcements as you see them and I'll post them in this post so their convenient and in one place. [b][u]Key:[/u][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Republican[/color] [color="#000099"]Democrat[/color] [color="#009900"]Independent[/color] [b][u]Overall Legislature:[/u][/b] [b]House:[/b] [color="#FF0000"]101 Republican[/color] [color="#000099"]119 Democrat[/color] [color="#009900"]0 Independent[/color] [b]Senate:[/b] [color="#FF0000"]46 Republican[/color] [color="#000099"]43 Democrat[/color] [color="#009900"]2 Independent[/color] [b][u]By State:[/u][/b] [b]Alabama[/b] [b]Alaska[/b] [b]Arizona[/b] [b]Arkansas[/b] [b]California[/b] [b]Colorado[/b] [b]Connecticut[/b] [color="#000099"]Joe Lieberman re-elected to Senate[/color] [b]Delaware[/b] [b]Florida[/b] [color="#000099"]Nelson re-elected to Senate[/color] [b]Georgia[/b] [b]Hawaii[/b] [b]Idaho[/b] [b]Illinois[/b] [b]Indiana[/b] [color="#FF0000"]Lugar re-elected as Senator[/color] [color="#000099"]Ellsworth elected as Representative[/color] [color="#FF0000"]Buyer elected as Representative[/color] [color="#FF0000"]Burton elected as Represenative[/color] [b]Iowa[/b] [b]Kansas[/b] [b]Kentucky[/b] [b]Louisiana[/b] [b]Maine[/b] [color="#FF0000"]Snow re-elected to Senate[/color] [b]Maryland[/b] [color="#000099"]Ben Cardin elected to Senate[/color] [b]Massachusetts[/b] [color="#000099"]Kennedy re-elected as Senator[/color] [b]Michigan[/b] [b]Minnesota[/b] [color="#000099"]Keith Ellison elected as Representative[/color] [b]Mississippi[/b] [color="#CC0000"]Lott re-elected to Senate[/color] [b]Missouri[/b] [b]Montana[/b] [b]Nebraska[/b] [b]Nevada[/b] [b]New Hampshire[/b] [b]New Jersey[/b] [color="#000099"]Menendez re-elected to Senate[/color] [b]New Mexico[/b] [b]New York[/b] [b]North Carolina[/b] [b]North Dakota[/b] [b]Ohio[/b] [color="#000099"]Sherrod Brown elected to Senate[/color] [b]Oklahoma[/b] [b]Oregon[/b] [b]Pennsylvania[/b] [color="#000099"]Casey elected to Senate[/color] [b]Rhode Island[/b] [color="#000099"]Whitehouse elected to Senate[/color] [b]South Carolina[/b] [b]South Dakota[/b] [b]Tennessee[/b] [b]Texas[/b] [b]Utah[/b] [b]Vermont[/b] [color="#009900"]Sanders elected as Senator.[/color] [b]Virginia[/b] [b]Washington[/b] [b]Washington, DC[/b] [b]West Virginia[/b] [color="#000099"]Byrd re-elected as Senator.[/color] [b]Wisconsin[/b] [b]Wyoming [/b]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 8, 2006 Author Posted November 8, 2006 Any updates by people watching?
prose Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 (edited) .... Ignore that. Edited November 8, 2006 by prose
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 (edited) Nevermind. Ohio polls should be reporting any minute now. They were delayed until 9, everything else is polling. Edited November 8, 2006 by thedude
phatcatholic Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 does this mean that democrats now have control over the house? sorry if that is a dumb question.....
homeschoolmom Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Well, they're calling the Minnesota US Senate race for [color="#3333FF"]Amy Klobichar [/color] (no surprise) based on exit polling. But we'll see.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 8, 2006 Author Posted November 8, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1114540' date='Nov 7 2006, 10:20 PM'] does this mean that democrats now have control over the house? sorry if that is a dumb question..... [/quote] Not yet. The only seats posted are the ones we know for certain...the uncertain ones are left out until later. Rick Santorum lost his seat. I feel sorry for the guy.
onlygrace08 Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 So far in Missouri, only 1% reporting.... so nothing yet
Aloysius Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 2% reporting in PA and they've already called it... I don't think they got to my vote yet, that'll make all the difference.
phatcatholic Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 [quote name='Aloysius' post='1114550' date='Nov 7 2006, 10:25 PM'] 2% reporting in PA and they've already called it... I don't think they got to my vote yet, that'll make all the difference. [/quote] praise God
ardillacid Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1114545' date='Nov 7 2006, 09:22 PM'] Well, they're calling the Minnesota US Senate race for [color="#3333FF"]Amy Klobichar [/color] (no surprise) based on exit polling. But we'll see. [/quote] why her, minnesota?
Sojourner Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 With 56 percent of precincts reporting, they're calling Ind. Dist. 8 for challenger [color="#000099"]Brad Ellsworth[/color]. That's one down for Rs in the House. U.S. Reps. [color="#FF0000"]Steve Buyer[/color] and [color="#CC0000"]Dan Burton[/color] winners in their races tonight; both were incumbents.
Aloysius Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 yeah, but I had hoped against hope the polls were mistaken. it's pretty sure now that he lost barring divine intervention, I believe the Senate has just lost its best Senator. hmm... could Santorum run for Specter's seat if he chose to? he probably wouldn't, but that'd be pretty sweet. of course, it would certainly distract from his presidential run in '08 hah goodness... now I dislike both our senators democracy's stupid. :
Romans1513 Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Oh man guys... Santorum's losing (PA) Rendell is winning (PA Gov.) Granholm is staying (MI Gov) SD abortion ban is failing (Down 55 to 45 but still marked "too close to call") Pray hard! Anyone understand the "percent of precincts reporting" and why they can call it so early? Like, it will say that a clear winner is emerging when only 2 percent have reported or something. ~Katie
homeschoolmom Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1114556' date='Nov 7 2006, 09:30 PM'] why her, minnesota? [/quote] Those who don't vote forfit their right to whine. :
Aloysius Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 when the numbers in those district come out with such a wide margin that it would take an unprecedented upset of the predicted voting in the other districts to turn it around. I think the 2% had Casey up in like the 70 %'s... there was no chance santorum could win the other parts of the state by enough of a margin to recover from that. but by now I think a higher number of precincts have reported and casey's at about 60% or so. I think the final number will probably be lower than that, but there really is no chance of Santorum recovering from that.
Sojourner Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Challenger [color="#3333FF"]Joe Donnelly[/color] is being called winner in the Indiana's 2nd District with 83 percent of precincts reporting. Another one down for R's in the House.
homeschoolmom Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 Btw, I just want to say that I don't like the Repulican = red, Democrats = blue thing... I know that's pretty much the standard, but when I was a kid, it was the other way around. The Dems must have not liked being "red." I still get confused...
Fidei Defensor Posted November 8, 2006 Posted November 8, 2006 It's pretty certain that D - Herb Kohl will be re-elected in Wisconsin.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now