An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rabbi Calls For 'UN Of Religions'

cmotherofpirl

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1119254' date='Nov 13 2006, 06:34 PM']
ok. I Still do not see a point in a "UN" type dialouge with each of the world's false religions put on an equal level to the Church, while many of them may have evil intentions and try to hurt or undermine the Church. I do not see why the Catholic Church needs to work with false religions to help people, it seems like something we can do by ourselves and have always done by ourselves. I am not denying what is good in false religions, but i just don't see why the good in their religions (no matter how big or small) has to do with this conversation.
[/quote]
And I understand your point, and agree with it. The Church is not at an equal level with the rest of the world's religions, it is above them. However, the Church should not be above collaboration in order to bring out a greater good for the world. However, perhaps this type of collaboration would not be the best way to go about it.

[quote]People need to read "Father Elijah" by Michael O'Brien. Becoming more and more true every day...[/quote]

Read it. Pretty good.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1119407' date='Nov 13 2006, 10:30 PM']
Sitting around a table talking and hearing the others viewpoint is a lot better than shooting each other.
[/quote]

Agreed, however, the hand of Satan is still very active in the world, and I don't see this dialog amounting to much.

Maybe, I've seen too much...

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1118908' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:16 PM']
creepiness... :ninja: Things are coming along faster than I thought.
[/quote]

yeah I know what you mean.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1119250' date='Nov 13 2006, 07:26 PM']
Wholly unnecessary, and a bad idea.

In practice, such a "world body of religions" would be at best useless, and at worst could lead to some very serious evils. (much like the actual U.N.)

If this body were to have any actual power, it takes little imagination to see its abuses.
Why should the Catholic Church be beholden to what the Jews, the Muslims, or the Unitarians say? It could very easily become an attempt to undermine the autonomy and authority of the Catholic Church.

Stay out, I'd say!
[/quote]

yeah! and isnt this also the whole "one world government/religion thing". that's of the anti-christ.

The Church need not sit around and do petty dialouge, she may use force as the Syllabus of Errors condemns the notion that the Church may not use force:

[quote name='The Syllaubus of Errors of Blessed Pius IX']

24. The Church has not the power of using force, nor has she any temporal power, direct or indirect. -- Apostolic Letter "Ad Apostolicae," Aug. 22, 1851.

[/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1119407' date='Nov 13 2006, 10:30 PM']
Sitting around a table talking and hearing the others viewpoint is a lot better than shooting each other.
[/quote]
But not nearly as exciting

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1120112' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:22 PM']
The Church need not sit around and do petty dialouge, she may use force as the Syllabus of Errors condemns the notion that the Church may not use force:
[/quote]
Yeah, bring out the semi-automatics!

Why engage in that sissy "dialogue" stuff, when you can just blow their infidel heads off? :lol:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1120112' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:22 PM']
[/quote]
Having the power and utilizing that power are two different things.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1119796' date='Nov 14 2006, 01:56 PM']yeah! and isnt this also the whole "one world government/religion thing". that's of the anti-christ.
[/quote]

Again "Fr. Elijah" is becoming more realistic every day. This was basically the whole premise of the book.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1119407' date='Nov 13 2006, 09:30 PM']
[/quote]
Are these our only two alternatives?

Ugh.... what a creepy idea... I think it's terrible. I don't trust the U.N and why do religions need an equivalent?? I can't see any good coming out of it. Also, who would represent the different religions? Isn't it only the Catholic Church that has one direct, God-given leader?