Dave Posted February 12, 2004 Author Posted February 12, 2004 (edited) Oops, I forgot to thank foundsheep! Thanks! Y'all, I also need to say that I'm still getting flak from people who just don't understand, and I'm getting down on myself again. Whatever happened to being supportive????!!!!! It's not like I want to do stuff that's illegal or immoral! What really hurts is that some of the very people who have experienced the type of stuff I'm going through are the least understanding. They mostly think I should just sit and accept the idea that I'll supposedly never be any good at the stuff I want to be good at (or at least that's the impression they give). I can't do that! What they want to do is their prerogative, but I'm not them! I can't just accept the idea that I'm supposedly not meant to be good at something, especially if it's something I want to be good at! I know, I know, God loves me the way I am, and so do y'all, but it's gonna take a lot more than taking that into account to make me feel good about myself again. They also question my motives for wanting to do this stuff. They may mean well, but I think I should be the judge of my motives. I want support and encouragement, not the third degree! And what's really sad is that I can't help but suspect that some of you, to whom I haven't told all the specifics, might respond the same way these others have responded when I've told them about my insecurities and goals. I'm sorry; I'm just so upset right now. I get so mad that I start breathing heavily when I start thinking about this. I feel like crying. Edited February 12, 2004 by Dave
Carrie Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 Dave, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Never give up on the things you want to do...those are your dreams and no one can stop you from having them! Don't ever let anyone tell you there are things you aren't good at...the more you do it, the better you get, so never give up! We believe in you! HUGS, Carrie
cimlog Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 It's aaaalllllllllllll good. Cause Dave, you got a friend in me.
Lil Red Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 Dave, i'm keeping you in my prayers, buddy. and i'm also praying for the peeps that are doing this to you, that they may come to realize how much they are hurting you.
NewReformation Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 Praying for ya Dave, keep the faith bro.
Brother Adam Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 Keep fighting the good fight and keep persevering. You'll rise above it one of these days!
Dave Posted February 12, 2004 Author Posted February 12, 2004 Thanks again, y'all. I'm feeling better now. :D Just keep up the support, could y'all? I love y'all very much!
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 12, 2004 Posted February 12, 2004 Dave, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Never give up on the things you want to do...those are your dreams and no one can stop you from having them! Don't ever let anyone tell you there are things you aren't good at...the more you do it, the better you get, so never give up! We believe in you! HUGS, Carrie Amen to that! Dave, you've got my brayers, bro! :)
Dave Posted February 13, 2004 Author Posted February 13, 2004 Again, thank you! Prayers work wonders!
Carrie Posted February 13, 2004 Posted February 13, 2004 Thanks again, y'all. I'm feeling better now. :D Just keep up the support, could y'all? I love y'all very much! We all love you too! ::singing:: we are a phamily... :P
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now