An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi Everyone

Danielle

Hello everyone! I'm Danielle, I'm 19 years old and I have been discerning God's will for a little over two years and I have loved checking in here periodically to read what everyone on vocation station has to say and it has really been an inspiration to me. On the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary I applied for entrance to the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Right now I go to school at their university and work as a nurse's aid at the convent for the elderly sisters, Camilla Hall. Because so many of the IHM candidates, and Sister Jackie, have accounts here I decided to finally get one too. :) Please keep me in your prayers as I try to finish up my application to the community and this semester at school, haha! And thank you all for being such an inspiration to me!

Danielle

[quote name='shortnun' post='1124826' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:06 PM']
:welcome: We're glad you're here.
[/quote]

+

I have a feeling there's going to need to be an IHM thread for all things IHM!!! :)

[quote name='Veritas' post='1124843' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:33 PM']
+

I have a feeling there's going to need to be an IHM thread for all things IHM!!! :)
[/quote]

Did you know that the IHM's in Pennsylvania are connected in a special way to the School Sisters of Christ the King???? :) :D: :topsy: :saint:

cathoholic_anonymous

Welcome on board!

I've had a look at the IHM website. It's beautiful. :love: The name of the Order says it all. You're blessed to be discerning with such a community. Of course, it is not Carmelite so it isn't as superior as it might be, but one can't have everything. :P:

Welcome Danielle... I agree that the IHM looks a lovely Community and with your experience with them,you must be half way to entering !! God bless as you discern. :lol: :lol:

HeavenlyCalling
:welcome:, it is very nice to meet you. Wow, so many new people have joined the pham lately! (which is nice because people keep running to the convent on us :P: :D:jk )

YAY Glad to see that you are finally signed up!!! hahaha
See you at Camilla on Thursday think I might be staying there over night not sure though!!!!

God Bless

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1124862' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:02 AM']
Did you know that the IHM's in Pennsylvania are connected in a special way to the School Sisters of Christ the King???? :) :D: :topsy: :saint:
[/quote]

Sister Ali How are ya.......!!!!!

brandelynmarie

oh my! we are having an IHM invasion!!!! :shield: :shield: :shield: :shield: :lol_roll: :welcome: The best thing about Vocation Station is the prayers & support you receive on here...as well as being able to read about everyone else's journeys too...It's a gift!

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1124862' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:02 AM']
[/quote]

Yes! I do! Infact, when I was a postulant the novices and their one postulant came out to visit us at our Mother House. Now, are you a postulant for their congregation? It was so funny, because we share so many of the same customs (because their founding Sisters were in formation with ours) and whenever we did something the School Sisters in Formation would get all excited! (for example: before meals we pray and then end with crossing our lips and the superior says "Praised be Jesus and Mary ever a Virgin" and we respond "now and forever!") :D: We had so much fun!

Danielle, You are sooooo welcome! When will I see you next? Peace! I'll talk to you later...you better keep in touch!