HeavenlyCalling Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Is it just me, or is it really hard to find modest things that you would accually wear? I mean, not so much now in the winter, but in the summer and spring. I have to look all over the place for things that are modest and not really ugly (usually I end up sacrificing on the 'not ugly' part). Does anyone else have this problem?
IcePrincessKRS Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Um... just shorts mainly.... but if I get them a little loose they hang lower so its not so-so bad.
Dudette Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 (edited) I haven't shopped for summer clothes in a long time. For skirts, it's not so hard because I love the bohemian style skirts. (And they are not immodest). However, shirts, possibly. I think t-shirts are getting harder because they are tighter, (or they might always have been that way). The thing I hate about the sleeveless (like army tanks with the thick shoulders) is that you can't wear a... normal undershirt(bra) underneath because it shoes your bra straps. I hate it when girls wear shirts that show thier bra straps, it's disgusting. So, I think it's hard yes. PS, if I wear shorts, they are always the guys basketbal shorts because they are loose and soooooo comfy. : who cares if they are guys shorts. They're modest! Edited November 21, 2006 by Dudette
Sojourner Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 I don't have trouble finding things that are cute but mostly modest. But .. that could just mean that my definition of modesty is a little liberal.
veroni213 Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 As far as summer shirts go, one trick I discovered was to buy shirts that are otherwise meet your standards but are low cut. (I think it's easier to find that kind of stuff with sleeves if thats your complaint.) Then, you can wear a camisole underneath it to fix the neckline issue and it won't look ugly. As far as shorts go, I pretty much gave up on them this summer. Capris and skirts are way more fun to wear anyway. :
xTrishaxLynnx Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [quote name='TrueImage' post='1125103' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:21 AM'] As far as summer shirts go, one trick I discovered was to buy shirts that are otherwise meet your standards but are low cut. (I think it's easier to find that kind of stuff with sleeves if thats your complaint.) Then, you can wear a camisole underneath it to fix the neckline issue and it won't look ugly. As far as shorts go, I pretty much gave up on them this summer. Capris and skirts are way more fun to wear anyway. : [/quote] Ditto... except for the skirts. I don't wear skirts. I pretty much stick to t-shirts and capris and for mass I wear dress pants and a blouse.
Tindomiel Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [quote name='TrueImage' post='1125103' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:21 PM'] As far as summer shirts go, one trick I discovered was to buy shirts that are otherwise meet your standards but are low cut. (I think it's easier to find that kind of stuff with sleeves if thats your complaint.) Then, you can wear a camisole underneath it to fix the neckline issue and it won't look ugly. [/quote] Cool. Regular, modest, unpatterned shirts are the one thing I've been having trouble finding. That's quite a good idea.
Balthazor Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 I wore UPS brown all summer. Modest yes.... but very interesting, because I have never been asked out so much in my life. Maybe you guys should write to Cintas the providers of UPS's uniforms.....look out black standard issue belts and pleated shorts in UPS Brown are in this year! There could be a rush if you wait too long.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 I just want to say that Jennie sometimes has to wear somewhat tight shirts (because nothing else is available) and it ticks me off how companies aren't that modest. So I understand. Lately, I've been giving her my shirts after they shrink in the wash. It's shocking to see how much size difference there is between a large male and a small female.
Balthazor Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dziewcyna/UPS.jpg[/img] I told ya....stylish, matches the truck and doesn't show dirt!!!! :
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Shannon, as I told you before, you should be modeling. I'm sure UPS could use you for commercials or something. [quote name='Balthazor' post='1125203' date='Nov 21 2006, 02:56 PM'] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dziewcyna/UPS.jpg[/img] I told ya....stylish, matches the truck and doesn't show dirt!!!! : [/quote]
Romans1513 Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 I love winter because I get to wear sweaters! and because there aren't a ton of girls walking around campus in reeeaaaaalllllly short skirts/shorts, very low tops, etc. Ew. The cami under the cute top is a great idea- I do it a lot too. Or for a too low V-neck sweater, a sold color T-shirt works too. And I hate the t-shirt sizes. I have to wear an x-large girls t-shirt?! I'm not size 3- skinny or anything, but I can't imagine what possesses people to make the sizes small, medium, and large so small! And who in the world buys x-small? Thats why I wear regular t-shirts (eg what you might get from school, for a club or event or whatever) so often when its warm. ~Katie
Balthazor Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [quote name='Romans1513' post='1125283' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:05 PM'] I love winter because I get to wear sweaters! and because there aren't a ton of girls walking around campus in reeeaaaaalllllly short skirts/shorts, very low tops, etc. Ew. [/quote] Fashion tip #666 If you are buying a skirt from what looks like a belt rack...... it is a belt.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 What really irks me is 40+ year old women shopping in the juniors section...
Sojourner Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [quote name='Balthazor' post='1125286' date='Nov 21 2006, 03:12 PM'] Fashion tip #666 If you are buying a skirt from what looks like a belt rack...... it is a belt. [/quote] you're saying that's not a wraparound?
uruviel Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 I don't think your alone in the problem at all, I always have a difficulty in finding something modest. Either it's too sleezy, too tight, too thin, too short, or too low. I mean what is the matter with these people?? I hate summer clothes shopping.
HeavenlyCalling Posted November 21, 2006 Author Posted November 21, 2006 I loved it when the Boho skirts were all in the stores, it's not very often that ankle-length skirts are easy to find! I do have lots of tank tops to wear under things, but I wish I didn't have to bother. But there are always dinkie denim shorts, I mean, how do you wear underwear under those little things? I mean, show some respect for yourself and men. By the way, I love the UPS uniform, you really should be the poster girl for ups.
fearundercontrol Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Last time I went looking for jeans I remembere thinking, "Okay now someone wanna tell me where the modest section is?"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now