An Old School Catholic Message Board

And You Are Christ's - The Charism Of Virginity And The Celibate L

awyers

Has anyone read "And You Are Christ's - The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life" by Fr. Dubay?? I have read other books by him and loved them but not this one.

Allison

FaithfulRoseofMary

Hi!
Yes, I've read it... it's good. This book is recommended reading by the Nashville Dominicans. (The book was discussed at one of their discernment retreats a while back... I imagine they reference it still.)

A must read...

God bless
faithful rose

[quote name='Piobaire' post='1135654' date='Dec 5 2006, 11:45 AM']
Has anyone read "And You Are Christ's - The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life" by Fr. Dubay?? I have read other books by him and loved them but not this one.

Allison
[/quote]

I read it and love it. My pastor gave it to me.

[quote name='faithfulrose' post='1135658' date='Dec 5 2006, 01:56 PM']
Hi!
Yes, I've read it... it's good. This book is recommended reading by the Nashville Dominicans. (The book was discussed at one of their discernment retreats a while back... I imagine they reference it still.)

A must read...

God bless
faithful rose
[/quote]
Yes the sisters do... as do the SMME.

Fantastic, thanks! Sr JA sent a copy to me for Christmas so I can see why it is recommended by SMME. I cant wait to start reading and as she said, start my holy preparations for 2007 entrance!!!

Allison

the lords sheep

I was given it by Sr. Jenny (jgirl), and she loved it. I haven't started reading it yet with classes and the other 10 she gave me, but it's definetely on my list.
PS- if Sr. JA recommended, I'd say it must be pretty good.

AlterDominicus

Excellent. I'm reading Vatican II Documents on Education right- I just finished with the translation by Sister Mary Martin of the Rule of San Sisto and the Statues of the Sisters of Saint Mary Magdelene, a must read.

[quote name='Piobaire' post='1135713' date='Dec 5 2006, 04:30 PM']
Fantastic, thanks! Sr JA sent a copy to me for Christmas so I can see why it is recommended by SMME. I cant wait to start reading and as she said, start my holy preparations for 2007 entrance!!!

Allison
[/quote]
Totally off topic, but I really like your St. Dominic signature! :)

[quote name='shortnun' post='1135917' date='Dec 5 2006, 08:59 PM']
Totally off topic, but I really like your St. Dominic signature! :)
[/quote]

Thanks :) I like yours too! I had been looking for some nice new Dominican ones and settled on this for now. I want to get one of those nice long ones that everyone has now but I dont know how that works?? I sort of feel like I am a traveller through this temporary home until I reach my perm. home so it suits me!

Read the book and I lend it to some seminarians. Never saw the book again :D: I had to buy a new copy:)

For me, since I was already committed to a celibate, it put into words all that I was feeling. In one way, I am sorry I won't be going to the Institute of Religious Life general meeting in 2007. Fr. Dubay is to be honoured with the "Pro Fidelitate et Virtute Award" for his dedication and support of Religious Life.

Another book on this subject which is quite good is Fr. Cantalamessa on Virginity.