Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Friend In Desperate Need


Recommended Posts

Posted

my best friend here at college just found out that her grandma's brain cancer is terminal. she doesn't have a lot of money and wants to get back out to the east coast to see her and is talking about possibly taking next semester off. she dropped out for a while a few years ago and is back now but on academic probation because of it. i worry that if she takes time off it will really screw her over big time (pardon the language). also, i'm a little selfish in this, but i graduate next semester and have to say goodbye to her then and am really not looking forward to it, and the possibility of her leaving me again in the middle of the year and not being here for my final semester really makes me extrmely upset. maybe i'm too dependent. but i love her so much. please pray she can somehow get some help financially to get out there to see her and not have to worry about taking time off. she is really struggling financially and there's nothing i can do to help but sit back and watch and hurt along with her. please pray God will provide her with the money for plane tickets, and that her grandma will hang in there, and that I can smell of elderberries it up and be alright with whatever has to happen, as much as it would kill me to not have her here. please, please pray for her to get money. thanks. or if anyone is willing to help, please let me know.

franciscanheart
Posted

I'll be praying.

Groo the Wanderer
Posted

prayers for you, her, and him

:bigpray:

Posted

anyone able to help?

Posted

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think your friend's grandma need her more you do.

Posted

no offense taken at all, i've come to terms with it and agree that she needs to go out there and spend time with her. money is an issue for her though extremely, and she worries about getting out there. so i guess i'm just asking if anyone is willing to help with that, and/or pray about it. a lot! she's been through a lot (legally emancipated from her parents when she was younger) and is close with her grandma. she needs to get out there. thanks to all of you who are praying!!!

Posted

Where does the grandmother live?

Posted

new york. we're in MN.

Posted

I see what part of each state?

Posted

long island, and she'd leave from the twin cities.

Posted

[quote name='Soldier4Him' post='1141106' date='Dec 13 2006, 12:42 AM']
long island, and she'd leave from the twin cities.
[/quote]

Hmmm, I'm sure I could arrange help in the Cities, but not in NY.

Posted

I'm so sad to see this happen to your friend, and I wish there is something I could do financially. I'm trying to put in more shifts at work to raise more money, especially since the holidays are upon us. There are so many people and institutions I want to donate to, but I only have enough in my budget to give out so much, so I have to limit to who I give it to. In a town like this, I don't make that much as a server.

I pray for the best for your friend, and ask God that He will provide a way for her.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...