An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites Dcj Discernment Weekend!

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1141525' date='Dec 14 2006, 12:10 AM']
:lol_pound: I have to laugh, when I was at the SMME's last month for five days I had a couple SGT=Sneaky God Things happen, one when we were eating in the parlor Mother Assumpta unexpectedly came in behind us, and earlier I had sent Mother a couple letters concering a talk she gave, introductions went around - "And this is Amanda..." A couple nods from Sister Mary Samuel and Mother, Mother said, "Are you the one who sent -" "Yes I am the one who sent you the letters." Then during rec, I somehow gathered the courage (Sneaky Holy Spirit thing) to go up to Mother, and we talked for about 10 seconds, which in [b]A[/b] way was kinda good, because I was in melting stage like, "Oh my goodness, I am like two inches from MOTHER ASSUMPTA!" Here I am standing talking to this amazing women, spouse of Christ, Speaks on behalf of Christ, the Church and the Community. I was like woah...

Then on Monday morning during mass - going up for Holy Communion, I noticed I was right next to Mother Assumpta in line - two lines, since the sisters have stalls on each side, I was in the left line and Mother Assumpta in the right line, we both were last in line. It was nuts....I would like to however have a decent amount of time to talk to her excluding the melting down part.
[/quote]

Oh, I so know that feeling! I knew Mother Angelina from pictures and interviews, of course... but since the sisters are cloistered if they don't really have to go outside for their missions I hadn't even had a fleeting thought of actually seeing her.

Mother Angelina didn't have the time to speak to us, but according to Sr. Elvira Maria she commented "Oh, that's going to be such a beautiful long habit!" (I'm ridiculously tall.) The sister who makes the habits immediately assured Mother and Sr. EM that she had enough bundles of cloth left! You could tell that they were all giddy with the triple feast of Friday :D: