An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kant Vs Jesus

N/A Gone

My final assignment in Christology this year is to write a 14-16 page paper about "kant vs jesus" trying to stay within the realms of christology as much as possible. Namely the 3 major protestant christological categories, teaching, death, ressurection. Any type of "theological issue" I can work with would be great. I was thinking something along the lines of.

-Who brings humanity into being truly human.
-How Kant denies we can know God, and how Christ changes that.
-autonomy vs moral/natural law
-kantian Christianity as values vs Christ's atonement
-value gained from Kant in christianity/(*ratz quote)-Act as if God exists without having to prove it
-kant vs Anslem and the ontological argument

I am a self-admiting know-nothing about Kant. Most of my school seems relatively obsessed with him. (*I was told there are 2 possible answers for everything, Jesus and Kant) so I am a lil over my head..Ok, completly. I know there are some philosophy buffs here so if you could give me a push in the right direction, maybe some things to babble on. I would greatly appreciate it.

The Eternal Logos vs the Subjectivizer of Truth??

Fr. Roch Kereszty [url="http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-Fundamentals-Roch-Kereszty/dp/081890917X"]has a great book with a whole chapter on this. [/url]

It would probably be a great help. The book that I linked to is used in just about every Catholic Christology Class in the English (and Hungarian) Speaking world.

Oh, Do you own it sir? That would be awesome. Thank you very much. I am having problems finding a source that is not beyond bias and rather unproductive

prodeji.development@gmail.com