An Old School Catholic Message Board

Law Schools?

she_who_is_not

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1148903' date='Dec 24 2006, 04:30 PM']
I'm applying to Ave Maria in Ann Arbor (my first choice, so far) and UST in St. Paul among others (Tulane, Hofstra, Pace, etc..) Does anyone attend either of these schools or have a good sense of what they are all about? There is only so much you can learn from a viewbook. I'm looking for a school that has a strong commitment to human rights and social justice law as well as an active pro-life organization. Naturally, the Catholic schools are coming out on top. Thanks in advance.

ajj
[/quote]
Yeah I just finished my first semester at UST Law. I'd be happy to give you the skinny on the school. PM me and I'll send you my e-mail addy and we can chat.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Socrates' post='1150195' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:07 PM']
Actually there's been a number from Christendom (military officers, though not JAGS): Pat Weinert, John Bowes, Joan Longua (from way back), Hugh and Nick Wingate, one of Vanderwoudes, and several others I don't know. And that's just the Marine Corps.
[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of being CAREER military and grad schools. I know there are a whole bunch of Christendom grads who have been in or are in the military, but I don't think many of them are making a career out of it.