An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Article About The Smme

ThyHolyLove

I was browsing the new SMME site yesterday and they had a link to this news article.

[url="http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061226/LIFESTYLE04/612260371"]Cyber Sisters[/url]

The article talks about how email and the internet has transformed the face of vocations today. One of the best parts though, was the quotes from former PMer Sr. Peter Mary (aka Crusader03)!

One of the quotes was about her blogging "Sister Peter Mary Campagna, a novice who traded college for the convent and has been in Ann Arbor for a little over a year, also blogged about her religious vocation before entering. Many who visited her blog then e-mailed her directly, and Sister Peter Mary found those discussions immensely helpful."

Along with the article is an [u]awesome[/u] slideshow of pictures of convent life.

Enjoy all!

HeavenlyCalling

I read that, it was interesting. I think the real reason the SMME and orders like it are attracting so many new sisters is because they live the authentic life and have real faith and loyalty to the Church, I dont think it is because they are hooked up to the internet, although I am sure it helps.

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1150953' date='Dec 28 2006, 05:29 PM']
I read that, it was interesting. I think the real reason the SMME and orders like it are attracting so many new sisters is because they live the authentic life and have real faith and loyalty to the Church, I dont think it is because they are hooked up to the internet, although I am sure it helps.
[/quote]

Yeah HC, being faithful and loyal is the answer and what will bring about a springtime in religious life. The internet and immediate communitation certainly can help if used prudently. It is wonderful that the ND and SMME use it so effectively and are open to this developing technology. They are, as us technical folks might say, ahead of the curve. :D:
Mr. Ray

AlterDominicus

Yeah thats a real cool article - I love the comments by Sister Joseph Andrew.

I hate to give it way, but those video clips are from the DVD of the community that is showed at the retreat.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1151066' date='Dec 28 2006, 09:29 PM']
I met Sr. Peter Mary in October ;) The SMME are a very joyful community :)
[/quote]

What year?

I saw her in Nov. actually more so meet her in Nov. She came to me.

Dont you just love it when your the 1st one there and all the sisters are watching your every move? :lol_roll: Sister Maria Caritas freaked a bit, she popped out said my name, I was confused and slowly said yes [even though I knew who it was] She skidded over quickly, we hugged big, yup....some more of the novices and postulants AND Sister Amata Veritas were still standing there. The two sad parts of the retreat were, half the novitiate was sick, and Sister Elizabeth Ann's rosary [from Truth in the Heart on EWTN] broke by catching a corner of a conference table.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, wow that chapel is beautiful, and they are just growing so fast! Alterdominicus, are you preparing to enter there?

God Bless You!

Wonderful, I'll be keeping you in my prayers, they are a beautiful community!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1160078' date='Jan 9 2007, 03:58 PM']
Si! Well...sort of, yeah....I just dont have papers yet lol.
[/quote]

Thank you Emily for sharing the article. This is a most joyful community and it is little wonder that it is attracting soooooo many new sisters..
God Bless........... Jenni

Funny thing about the window in SJA's pix -- l had to do a double take because it so closely resembled those of St. Cecilia!

Prolly just me.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1160671' date='Jan 10 2007, 01:06 PM']
The only think I don't like about SMME's new chapel is their walls. :(
[/quote]
What's so bad about them? :idontknow: