An Old School Catholic Message Board

L.E.A.P. - From Remnant Catholic Apostolate

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I just posted [url="http://and-if-not.blogspot.com/2006/12/leap.html"]this[/url] on [url="http://and-if-not.blogspot.com"]my blog[/url] and thought of Vocation Station! It is especially stressed to those of us discerning religious life to stay in touch with the Sacraments and to really center ourselves in prayer. It's good to be balanced.. and to be held accountable! I thought it would be neat to set up LEAP partners here... that is, if anyone is interested. :blush:

The post:
[quote]L.E.A.P. - It stands for Liturgy.Education.Apostolate.Prayer. and it's something that Remnant practices. [url="http://www.remnantband.com/custom_page.cfm?category=6&page=252&active=252"]From the site:[/url] [quote]L.E.A.P is a simple program to help form and maintain a strong spiritual life. In our modern society we focus very heavily on the body. We are concerned with diets, working out, sports, conditioning, etc. We must not forget the importance of our soul and the formation and conditioning of the soul. The LEAP program is a personal or group commitment to living out liturgy, education, apostolate and prayer each day. You chose the liturgy, education, apsotolate and prayer and stick with it. Change the rules as you go to fit your spirituality. Here are some examples:

Person One commits to:
Liturgy - praying Liturgy of the Hours night prayer each day
Education - reading a few pages of “Story of a Soul” each night
Apostoalte - going to one Youth Group activity a week at their parish
Prayer - praying before every meal

Person Two commits to:
Liturgy - reading the daily reading and story of the Saint of the Day each day
Education - reading some of the works of John Paul the Great each day
Aposotlate - teaching in a Religious Education program for elementary
Prayer - praying the Rosary each day

[i]Remnant Catholic Apostolate is personally commited to LEAP and we will be adding ideas to this section so that you can grow spiritually.[/i][/quote]
L.E.A.P. has proven very helpful, even for me (I tend to be really hard on myself when I miss something), and I'm excited to continue it. Each of the apostolate members has a L.E.A.P. commitment partner that he or she speaks with once a week. We hold each other accountable for each of our commitments and encourage each other in them. The partners change every couple of months so that helps to keep things fresh. It also helps us to get to know each other even better! I love having prayer partners (or, in this case, accountability partners) because it really allows you to know someone on a deeper, more spiritual level. It serves to bring out the holy and the human in them at the same time. Love it!

My commitments are as follows:
[b]L[/b]iturgy: Liturgy of the Hours each day (no less than morning and night), Mass readings for the day
[b]E[/b]ducation: A few pages of Encyclicals by Pope John Paul the Great each night
[b]A[/b]postolate: Help to provide music for the Youth Mass each week (as well as 9am)
[b]P[/b]rayer: Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet each day after work

I know my partner will help me to keep these commitments. I know he is praying for my success! And I am praying for his.

If you struggle with keeping your commitments or are looking for ways to excercise your soul, try L.E.A.P.! It's spiritual fitness and it's not hard to do! Since you set your own goals, you get to choose things that fit your schedule and your spirituality. It's great for groups or individuals. Chances are, someone else is looking for support and encouragement too. Ask around, you might be surprised!

That's all for today... be holy![/quote]

So... is anyone interested? :unsure:

I think it sounds like a great program! I've already got something really similar I'm doing at my university though, so I can't really participate in this as well. I hope others are interested!

franciscanheart

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1157907' date='Jan 7 2007, 12:30 AM']
I'd love to do this with you, just let me know what to do, Thanks and God Bless You!
[/quote]
Fun. :D: I'll start a new thread in about week that is shorter and hopefully someone else (at least one other) will sign up and do this. I have a LEAP partner in Remnant so it'd be good if more signed up to do this with you (not that I wouldn't if no one else did).

may I suggest posting your thread in Open Mic? I think others who aren't necessarily discerning a religious vocation would benefit as well. :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Oooo... I could certainly use something like this to get my life back in line after these past several months... sounds very awesome too!

YEY another person joining, ooo cant' wait for this to start, and I agree perhaps a post in open mic would be good to include others!

God Bless You!

franciscanheart

[quote name='morostheos' post='1159017' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:07 PM']
may I suggest posting your thread in Open Mic? I think others who aren't necessarily discerning a religious vocation would benefit as well. :)
[/quote]
Good idea. :D:

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1159036' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:28 PM']
Oooo... I could certainly use something like this to get my life back in line after these past several months... sounds very awesome too!
[/quote]
Cool. :)

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1159073' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:06 PM']
I think it sounds like a great idea and I'd love to be in on it! Just let me know!
[/quote]
Will do. ^_^

When I post this in Open Mic I'll ask again but let me ask yall now..

Should we just do a random drawing? Or should it just be in the order that people sign up?

• 2 weeks later...