An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy New Year!

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul
:P: Happy New Year everyone!!! :D:

This year I hope God will Bless everyone with many graces and I hope he sends forth a mass of vocations to the priesthood and religous life!!!

Also:
[font="Times New Roman"]Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said:

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union
with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen."[/font] :saint:

The above was taken from: [url="http://www.sufferingsouls.com/"]http://www.sufferingsouls.com/[/url] Please be sure to visit them.

:topsy: What do you hope and pray for this fine New Year of 2007??? :idontknow:

AlterDominicus

I plan on finishing the New Years Eve up with watching the movie, "Therese" She is my patron saint, we still have 23 minutes over here, central time.

Happy New Year to you as well!

I pray for a solution to my financial situation and a direction in my life, my vocation, whatever it may be!

I also pray for a firm resolve and grace on the path to a more spiritual union with our Lord.

How about you?

God bless you.

AlterDominicus

This year, is going to be fully put out into the deep, more focusing on my vocation, being a better Catholic, study more, learn more, pray more, and doing a life of sacrifice, not to say that I would do GREAT needs, but the small offerings that no one notices.

AlterDominicus

[b]HAPPY NEW YEAR PHATMASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

:beer: :photo: :cheers: :woot: :yes: < :iloveyou: Jesus! >

Edited by AlterDominicus

she_who_is_not

Happy New Year Phamily!!! I just had my first and last drink of the new year. I have resolved to live a truly chaste, modest, and temperate life in the New Year. Please pray for me as I continue to pray for all of you.

HeavenlyCalling

Happy New Year!!
I am going to spend less time on the computer. Like 15 min. a day, unless its for school ( I am homeschooled so I use it for lots of stuff ) and make those 15 min. count, not just looking up random stuff. Lesss time on the computer= more time to pray, so I am feeling good about this resolution.

angelusdomini

Happy new year and [size=3][font="Times New Roman"][color="#CC0000"][color="#FF9900"][i][font="Garamond"]'God bless us, everyone!'[/font][/i][/color][/size][/color][/font][/size]

pax et bonum

Edited by Angelus_Domini

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1153529' date='Jan 1 2007, 11:29 AM']
Happy New Year!!
I am going to spend less time on the computer. Like 15 min. a day, unless its for school ( I am homeschooled so I use it for lots of stuff ) and make those 15 min. count, not just looking up random stuff. Lesss time on the computer= more time to pray, so I am feeling good about this resolution.
[/quote]

That's a really great resolution!! I think I'm going to copy you on that. ^_^

Let me share with you guys something my SD told me a couple days ago ... actually I will not be able to see him anymore, because he is pretty ill .. so please say a tiny prayer that I'll find another .. and a Big prayer for him ... Recommending that I have a more structured prayer life .. he said .. you know the saying:[quote][size=3]The more you pray, the more you're going to want to pray. The less you pray, the less you're going to want to pray.[/size][/quote]Just wanted to share that with you guys. :j

Edited by Margaret Clare