An Old School Catholic Message Board

STL Mass For Vocations

ThyHolyLove

For those in the St. Louis area, this sounds like a really great opportunity! Archbishop Burke is going to say a Mass for vocations at the Catherdral Basilica on January 14th @ 10am. There will also be a reception where you can meet other discerners, men and women religious and of course the Archbishop himself!

[url="http://www.stlyouth.org/node/1119"]more info[/url]

Edited by ThyHolyLove

Sr. Mary Emily (Nashville VD) and two postulants (both from St. Louis) will be in town for the Mass.

Also, [b][url="http://sttheresesociety.blogspot.com/2007/01/mass-for-vocations.html"]St Therese Society Blog[/url] [/b]in St. Louis makes mention of the mass.

Edited by shortnun

[quote name='shortnun' post='1159888' date='Jan 9 2007, 12:00 PM']
Sr. Mary Emily (Nashville VD) and two postulants (both from St. Louis) will be in town for the Mass.

Also, [b][url="http://sttheresesociety.blogspot.com/2007/01/mass-for-vocations.html"]St Therese Society Blog[/url] [/b]in St. Louis makes mention of the mass.
[/quote]

Aw sweet! Didn't know about the Nashville OPs being in town! Yay! :drool:

[quote name='magnificat' post='1160220' date='Jan 9 2007, 07:17 PM']
Aw sweet! Didn't know about the Nashville OPs being in town! Yay! :drool:
[/quote]
Speaking of being in town...

[b]Do you live in St. Louis? Would you like to meet Sr. Mary Emily and two postulants? We're meeting [u]this Saturday[/u]. Please PM me for more details! ^_^ [/b]

(Magnificat... I'm going to email you about her visit!)

the lords sheep

I'm hoping to be there! I'm glad I switched my flight to Monday, cuz otherwise I wouldn't have been able to come!

Well, at least 107,000 of us in the St. Louis area are without power due to an ice storm, and another wave of freezing rain is headed our way soon. Let us pray for some relief so we can make it to this Mass on Sunday :( . Our power is off, but we'll be with relatives nearby if they don't lose theirs.

[quote name='stlmom' post='1163709' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:31 PM']
Well, at least 107,000 of us in the St. Louis area are without power due to an ice storm, and another wave of freezing rain is headed our way soon. Let us pray for some relief so we can make it to this Mass on Sunday :( . Our power is off, but we'll be with relatives nearby if they don't lose theirs.
[/quote]
Sorry to hear you're without power; I'm praying & keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get much more ice tonight. I pray you'll get power back soon!

I'm sorry to hear so many are without power, my flight crew and I were stuck NYC last eve as our flight was cancelled but made it back today and thank goodness my apartment has power. I will be praying for all of you! that you will get your power back soon!

In one word BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great blessing to attend this mass and to pray for vocations, and also to see so many communities of religious and the seminarians and So many young people answering the call! Deo Gratias!! Our archbishop Burke and all the arcdiocese is truly a Great blessing!

[quote name='stlmom' post='1164984' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:49 PM']
I couldn't attend the Mass. Any one able to make it? How was it?
[/quote]