An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scripture When It's Not Working For A Moment

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

When I'm having a [url="http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=264"]Why Me?[/url] moment, and think I'm never ever going to be good enough, I like Isaiah:
[quote]Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.[/quote]

What's your favourite?

For though the Fig Tree blossom not nor fruit be on the vines, though the yield of the olive fail and the terraces produce no nourishment, though the flocks disappear from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet will I rejoice in the Lord and exult in my saving God.

Habakkuk 3

Edited by Staretz

""If you find that the world hates you, know it has hated me before you. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as it's own; the reason it hates you is that you do not belong to the world, but I chose you out of the world." John 15:18-19"

it's in my signiture. :)

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1172541' date='Jan 21 2007, 08:06 PM']
When I'm having a [url="http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=264"]Why Me?[/url] moment, and think I'm never ever going to be good enough, I like Isaiah:
What's your favourite?
[/quote]

Are you from Ammersfort, by any chance?

Different parts of Psalm 27 have been significant during my journey, especially the closing verse:

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong and let your heart take courage;
Wait for the Lord"

[i][color="blue"]I know well the plans I have in mind for you, plans for your welfare, not for your woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you...[/color][/i] (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

VeniteAdoremus

Oh, thank you all! This is growing to be a nice collection, I almost can't wait for my next desolate moment... Hm. Maybe I can, I don't enjoy them much in general ;)

My quote might look a bit strange in the context, so maybe giving the background I have with it is in order: firstly, I sung it during a choir tour to Peterborough in England, and the piece was really beautiful, I thought, so it bears a positive association in that sense.

Second, I sometimes feel wholly unworthy and whatnot, I'm sure you know the feeling! But knowing that at some time, MY eyes will be opened, too, and MY ears will be unclogged... :love:

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1173941' date='Jan 23 2007, 06:27 PM']
Are you from Ammersfort, by any chance?
[/quote]

I'm ashamed, I actually needed PP's reaction! No, I'm not from Amersfoort, not by a long run - or to be precise, not by more than 80km, which is quite far for Dutch standards :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1174258' date='Jan 23 2007, 06:33 PM']
Oh, thank you all! This is growing to be a nice collection, I almost can't wait for my next desolate moment... Hm. Maybe I can, I don't enjoy them much in general ;)

[/quote]

Well, according to the Cure D'Ars, it is good to be [i]prepared[/i] spiritually for the "trough" periods (as CS Lewis would call them...), but looking forward to them is quite foreign to me :disguise:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Totus Tuus

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1174258' date='Jan 23 2007, 07:33 PM']
I'm ashamed, I actually needed PP's reaction! No, I'm not from Amersfoort, not by a long run - or to be precise, not by more than 80km, which is quite far for Dutch standards :)
[/quote]

hmm... Google says that's 50 miles... some people drive that far just to get to work. :) I asked because I listen to Fr. Roderick's Daily Breakfast and he pastors three or four churches (maybe all the churches) in Amersfoort. He says it's a small town, but Wikipedia says 134,000... guess that's small by Dutch standards.