An Old School Catholic Message Board

3 Secrets Of Fatima

M.SIGGA

Laudate_Dominum

Also, I recently read an amesome book called "A Woman Clothed with the Sun". It was published I think in the 50's so it might be hard to find. I bought it online somewhere. Anyway, it explains all the main approved Marian apparitions from Guadalupe in the 16th century up to the early 20th century. It's amazing to read! The chapter on Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Immaculate Conception) to St. Catherine Laboure was my favorite because I didn't know that much about that apparition but it's truly beautiful.

Also for Fatima Sr. Lucia's books are the best. Her letter's to Church people explaining intimate details of her and the kids (Jacinta and Francisco) lives and the events are truly essential for deeply understanding what happened. These are written in "Fatima in Lucia's Words" and "Fatima in Lucia's Words 2".

Most recently she wrote "Calls from the Message of Fatima" in response to all the letters she recieved over the years. I was reading that book last month but ended up loaning it to my Mama before I finished it. It was very, very good.

Laudate,

Based on what you said about private revelation, you might as well call it public revelation. If the Church approves it, and we're wrong for not believing it, then it is in fact PUBLIC revelation, which ceased with the death of the last apostle. It is not NECESSARY for us to know these things, at best, GOOD for us to know these things. As long as you make that distinction that it is not vital for our salvation to have this information.

PatrickRitaMichael

I think I read in a few places that the sun sign was seen all around the world and that crazy things were reported even in regular newspapers, like all the lights going out in a city at the time and stuff like that. Do some research, you will see it's true!!

It was amazing watching the videos, and not just talking about the sign... when the children were talking with Mary....

All of these people were gathered around... grown men could not move these 7 and 8 year old kids. Scientists were trying to do tests... they put a small steel rod through one of the child's hands, pulled it out the other side, and no blood or mark was left... Now, if this was the only thing that happened, then it could have been a parlor trick, but in the light of everything else, and the sun sign happening at the time that the children said it would, only goes to prove that the children were speaking with Mary.

I don't understand how anyone can be atheist... there's just so much proof if one only looks.

Everyone is always worrying about physical needs above spiritual needs... so many people don't realize what really matters in life.

No matter how bad this life is, or that I may never have what I want, it means nothing because it will pass... the first priority is the Lord... all other things are spilt milk... wipe it up and move on...

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

I think I read in a few places that the sun sign was seen all around the world and that crazy things were reported even in regular newspapers, like all the lights going out in a city at the time and stuff like that. Do some research, you will see it's true!!

I heard that it was seen in Spain, but as for it being seen all around the world, I don't think so.

I heard that it was seen in Spain, but as for it being seen all around the world, I don't think so.

did you mean portugal, eh?

did you mean portugal, eh?

No, I meant Spain. Somebody had said they'd heard it was seen all over the world, but that wasn't the case. When I said Spain, I was referring to places other than Portugal where the phenomenon was seen.

M. Sigga, I like this topic! My family has the Fatima video, "The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima"-we love to watch it. It is true that believing in Fatima isn't an absolute necessity to gain salvation, but it is a wonderful faith strengthener (not a word ^_^ ) We just have to be careful with thinking that it is not to be believed at all cuz the Miracle at Fatima is as true as any documented, recorded history like any other valid historical document. Real evidence proving Fatima is true could be found with a little research in a library. Did ya'll know the face of Jacinta Marto is incorrupt? I think I read that in the informational brochure my sister brought back when she made a pilgrimage to Fatima.

Jacinta Marto's incorrupt face (scroll down til you see green highlighted word "incorrupt")

http://www.tfp.org/magazine/mag46/main.htm

M. Sigga, I like this topic! My family has the Fatima video, "The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima"-we love to watch it. It is true that believing in Fatima isn't an absolute necessity to gain salvation, but it is a wonderful faith strengthener (not a word ^_^ ) We just have to be careful with thinking that it is not to be believed at all cuz the Miracle at Fatima is as true as any documented, recorded history like any other valid historical document. Real evidence proving Fatima is true could be found with a little research in a library. Did ya'll know the face of Jacinta Marto is incorrupt? I think I read that in the informational brochure my sister brought back when she made a pilgrimage to Fatima.

Jacinta Marto's incorrupt face (scroll down til you see green highlighted word "incorrupt")

http://www.tfp.org/magazine/mag46/main.htm

amesome website. I don't see how anyone could disagree with the apparitions, or say that something supernatural didn't take place. the apparition and the actual messages, which I didn't post, completely outlined the events of the 20th century. I know some Protestants believe they were a source of evil, but the messages of Fatima also preached a universal call and conversion to Christ at the same time, so it couldn't be evil. I think it's kinda sad that since the fall of the Soviet Union, the devotion to Fatima has sort of not been talked about that much anymore.

Laudate_Dominum

Based on what you said about private revelation, you might as well call it public revelation. If the Church approves it, and we're wrong for not believing it, then it is in fact PUBLIC revelation, which ceased with the death of the last apostle. It is not NECESSARY for us to know these things, at best, GOOD for us to know these things. As long as you make that distinction that it is not vital for our salvation to have this information.

The points in my last post were true, you may not like the implications but that's fine. And of course there is a huge difference between private and public revelation, I thought I made that clear in my last post. I wasn't doing a comparison I was simply stressing the seriousness of private revelation because it is often ignored or criticized by people. And you are right in saying these things (private rev) are GOOD for us to know, it was obviously important enough for Jesus or Our Lady to make a visit to tell us these things, and important enough for them to rock miracles, and important enough for the Church to approve it, etc.

These things are not necessary for salvation like public revelation, but they are helpful. And public revelation is what we think of as revelation more in the strict sense. It tells us everything we need to know to be saved. Private revelation does not add to this deposit of faith, it is usually warning of things, motherly advice and requests and things like that. It applies the faith to particular times and situations, it doesn't add or change the faith because private revelation is not authoritative like that and that's not it's place. You would do well to clarify your concepts before accusing me of equating public and private revelation.

And I never said people are "wrong for not believing in it" so don't put words in my mouth. What I did do is point out some problematics that those who don't believe in them should really think about. The Church officially believes in them (approved private revs), the Holy Father believes in them and we are called to give "religious assent to the manifest mind of the Holy Father even when he isn't speaking ex cathedra." - Vatican II

Believing the content of the messages is different then believing it was a valid apparition or whatever. Remember, private revelation can contain errors, the visionaries or whoever are not infallible. So I don't think there is a problem if someone doesn't like some particular part of a message or some statement of a fatima visionary or whoever it is. But to say that Fatima wasn't real, or it was from the devil or something like that is most problematic for a Catholic.

PatrickRitaMichael

Whoops, maybe I overstated myself. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that people in France saw the sun changing colors that day and that there were lots of electrical problems, too (I was doing some research before I visited Grenoble). I could be mistaken...

As far as wondering why people don't believe in these miracles, I found this website trying to explain it away: http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/fatruth.htm

Basically people will come up with any explanation to NOT believe. Sad.

Ya know, I thought it might be wise to include here a saying that I've heard:

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.

For those who don't, no explanation is possible.

I wonder, PRM, if what you might have read was seen all over Europe, was what Our Lady called "the night illumined by an unknown light"; this was the sign that God was about to punish the world for its crimes; war (WW II), the good will be martyred, etc;

This light was termed aurora borealis by scientists. It soaked the sky blood red in Europe (Sr. Lucy saw it - I want to say in Tuy, w/ the Dorethean Sisters she was with before becoming a Carmelite), the dogs howled, and shortly after WW II began, during "the pontificate of Pius XI", just as Our Lady had predicted.

Edited by Donna