matthew1618 Posted January 25, 2007 Posted January 25, 2007 I've been seeing these topics around this board. Who's donig that. I hope he's booted off good.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted January 25, 2007 Posted January 25, 2007 [quote name='XIX' post='1175717' date='Jan 25 2007, 09:06 AM'] Viruses...I love how online sex gives your computer STDs now...it's kinda fitting. [/quote]
heavenseeker Posted January 25, 2007 Posted January 25, 2007 I got some of this spam on myspace, they desguised it with a link to a funny picture that took me to a porn site when i went to leave to go back to myspace
Phoenix Reborn Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 Ok, we got something in the Media Lounge, SN: OSfllwrb
Phoenix Reborn Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 We got some in Open Mic. sn: florianmindrich
Didymus Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 is florianmindrich really spam? I didnt click on the links cuz they looked somewhat spammish, but I dont know
Sojourner Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 My guess is yes. I didn't click on the link though. Better safe than sorry.
Phoenix Reborn Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 (edited) Well maybe it isn't...I'm not sure. New people don't tend to put links in their first posts...I know Muzika did that, but at least that person posted in an already-started thread. Edited January 29, 2007 by Phoenix Reborn
Sojourner Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 I guess we'll see. My instinct is that it's spam.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 29, 2007 Posted January 29, 2007 Generally, if they pretend to introduce themselves just as an excuse to get into the links they're providing, they're spam. Another good clue is the goofy looking smiley next to the thread...it seems that almost all spammers select that smiley.
morostheos Posted January 30, 2007 Posted January 30, 2007 We've got another one by MasterFullss in Open Mic...Free Teen Galleries
SJRod55 Posted January 30, 2007 Posted January 30, 2007 I too have had a number of 'spin off' emails to my contact address. I think some come from them trawling the members lists
Totus Tuus Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 Hey I just wanted to put in a word... generally with the exception of tonight) I am on PM sometime during like the "work day" time period and I don't think that during that time I have seen much spam. It is usually when I get on right when I wake up and someone posted something in the middle of the night that I will see a nasty thread. I think most of the damage is done at night
homeschoolmom Posted January 31, 2007 Author Posted January 31, 2007 No, it's all day long. There's just usually someone on to catch it right away during the day. Mornings do seem to be the heavier times, though.
SJRod55 Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 I for one appreciate the work of the moderators. This is a 'thankless' job and one that requires dedication and 'faith'. Many thanks to you all for the work you do to keep this board alive and well.
Totus Tuus Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 Sorry I haven't read the whole thread... did the mods decide to continue to allow new members to post before their accounts have been reviewed? I thought reviewing them sounded like a fantastic idea. Lauren
homeschoolmom Posted January 31, 2007 Author Posted January 31, 2007 It's not up to us. We would like that, actually. It's up to the webmaster.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1181290' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:24 AM'] No, it's all day long. There's just usually someone on to catch it right away during the day. Mornings do seem to be the heavier times, though. [/quote] I'm usually on most of the early morning hours, and I try to report them right away, and then attempt to push them off of the first page of whatever board they're on. There's not much else we can do, right?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now