An Old School Catholic Message Board

20?

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Well I can see why the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist arent able to build fast enough!!!! I heard 20 were docket-ed to enter this August! Jeepers, can you imagine 83 Sisters in a decade?? Speaking of decade, the Sisters anniversay of 10 happy years is Feb. 9th - WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cathoholic_anonymous

Where will they live while the new convents are being built? It takes a lot of time to prepare a house, especially one big enough to take a full religious community.

AlterDominicus

still residing at the motherhouse, they have time, they are capping off at 100 - so its nott to big, but they have couple "extra houses" on the property for overflowing matters

AlterDominicus

i plan on, Godwilling to ask for application papers when i go to the Feb retreat in a couple weeks - from whats happened it sounds likely

Edited by AlterDominicus

I can tell you officially as of today that there are 6 applicants and 4 accepted so far but I wouldnt be surprised if we hit 20 after these next two retreats and the Today show!

AlterDominicus

beats me, sjab is soo into technology that she has a computer when she travels!!!!!!!!! [thats a compliment sister] ohhh so great

beats me, sjab is soo into technology that she has a computer when she travels!!!!!!!!! [thats a compliment sister] ohhh so great

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1186426' date='Feb 6 2007, 03:00 PM']
Well I can see why the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist arent able to build fast enough!!!! I heard 20 were docket-ed to enter this August! Jeepers, can you imagine 83 Sisters in a decade?? Speaking of decade, the Sisters anniversay of 10 happy years is Feb. 9th - WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

+

I had forgotten that... my birthday is February 9, too. It was, I thought, a little indication from God that I was supposed to enter there ^_^ .

AlterDominicus

You never know!!! :) i've been getting a couple awkward signs, mostly from Gods instrument, the only sane sign i had was the one on one interview, ending in two words which sold it out