An Old School Catholic Message Board

Knee Problems

philosophette

philosophette

Hi All,

I was hurt at work yesterday. I fell down a hill walking one of the dogs (it was VERY ICY and I work at an animal shelter). :annoyed:

Long story short, I have fractured patella. :o :blink: :weep:

I am supposed to go visit the Salesians in CA on Feb 28th. I have my ticket and everything. :unsure:

I am supposed to enter in August. :ninja:

Now I have no idea what is going to happen. All I know is that my knee is killing me. :eek:

I would appreciate prayers! :detective:

Thanks!

:saint:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1187412' date='Feb 7 2007, 10:36 AM']
:bigpray:
Rosary
Divine Mercy Chaplet
all fer yoooo! and yer patella :blush:
[/quote] Oh hi! I know how you feel! I broke my leg slipping down the wets stairs of the second level of a train before I was to enter the Buffalo Carmel in 2003. I had to delay entrance a little for it to heal. It didn't end up being too bad though.

Then a couple months ago I was crossing a big intersection just as the light was turning green, and got my foot ran over by a car! (though the car stopped and backed up for me) But it was the last lane before getting to the sidewalk! When I think of it, it really freaks me out, because I could have been killed, and then there would have been no entering religious life. :(

I am actually pretty paranoid these days about things happening like this, because I don't want to be prevented from entering religious life! I totally know how you feel. I'll remember you in prayer. :bigpray:

philosophette

[font="Comic Sans Ms"] [/font] Thank you both for your prayers. I have to got to the Orthopedic doc tomorrow at 10am. I am hoping that he tells me that I do not need surgery !!!! :huh:

My boss at work used to play for the Chicago Bears --- said I have a football injury! :weights:

It stinks having so much energy and then not being able to do anything with it! :bounce: :woot: :bounce:

I wanted to say again that I'm so sorry about your knee injury. How painful it must be! My little injuries ended up being not too bad, but a fractured patella sounds so bad .. :( ouch! I hope everything goes well at the orthopedic place tomorrow. But don't worry, I do not think this will keep you from your vocation, and the Lord will definitely use all the suffering for the good of many souls you'll only find out about in Heaven!

Edited by Margaret Clare

I will pray for your knee troubles, as I ask you all for prayers for mine. I do not mean to hijack your thread, but I, too got hurt last pm. I was coming up some steps that were covered in snow, and felt something pop in my knee. I can barely walk. Could not go to the ER last pm, as I had no car, could not drive, and got hurt at 12;30 am, so just went straight to bed. Saw family doctor today and he is sending me to the orthopedist on Friday am. I am wearing a brace which helps a little, ok, very little!
Philos, take care of yourself. Remember that the Lord sends us these trials and it is for us to bear them. He will never abandon you
Alicemary

philosophette

[quote name='alicemary' post='1187952' date='Feb 7 2007, 09:26 PM']
I will pray for your knee troubles, as I ask you all for prayers for mine. I do not mean to hijack your thread, but I, too got hurt last pm. I was coming up some steps that were covered in snow, and felt something pop in my knee. I can barely walk. Could not go to the ER last pm, as I had no car, could not drive, and got hurt at 12;30 am, so just went straight to bed. Saw family doctor today and he is sending me to the orthopedist on Friday am. I am wearing a brace which helps a little, ok, very little!
Philos, take care of yourself. Remember that the Lord sends us these trials and it is for us to bear them. He will never abandon you
Alicemary
[/quote]

I am SO SORRY to hear about your knee. :pinch: :sadder:

'Tis the season for knee trouble... falalalalala! :topsy:

I hope that you feel better !
:saint:

the lords sheep

If you remember Jgirl, she had broken or fractured her ankle (i think it was the ankle...) in January and she was still able to enter in August.
Hang in there! Especially with an active order, you should still be able to easily get Physical therapy if you need it without delaying your entrance.
But prayers for your and Alice Mary's speedy Healing!!

St. Roch, pray for them!!! [url="http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintr06.htm"]St. Roch[/url]

Archaeology cat

I'll say prayers for you, both of you who have injured your knees. It's something I completely understand, having almost cracked my patella and having a screw put just below my patella for congenital misalignment of my knee. I know how much it can hurt, how helpless you can feel with being unable to walk around as much, unable to drive, but God uses that time of enforced stillness to focus us on Him. It also makes you appreciate kneeling a lot more, after not being able to for a little while. :) And even after having a screw in my leg, I was back at school within 1 month, still limping, and pretty much healed by 3 months, so I'll pray for speedy recoveries for both of you. May God bless you during this time, and I'll also pray for the orthopedists to have wisdom. :)

Some good news, only sprained by ACL(ligament in the knee) and should be fine in a week or two. Each day is a little better, but will be off work for at least two weeks(don't tell me boss anyone!). God is indeed good..
AliceMary

philosophette
:D: I have good news, too!

It is NOT a fracture. The Orthopedic doc said its just a "severe contusion of the left patella" --- aka a really REALLY bad bruise.

It does not hurt any less, but I did start physical therapy today. I am off of work until the 19th for sure.

Thank you for all of your prayers! :saint:

I have graduated from crutches to a cane. :disguise:

I still cannot go on my CA trip :( but it is for the best. ;)

oh am so sorry about your knee, I know how painful that must be, I had only sprained mine back in college, so I can't immagine what a fracture must be like, please know that I"m praying for you! as for your entrance, I'd talk with both the doctor and your order, and see what they say about it, and how long the recovery might be and/or if that will delay your entrance, hope you get better soon!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1190209' date='Feb 10 2007, 12:21 AM']
:D: I have good news, too!

It is NOT a fracture. The Orthopedic doc said its just a "severe contusion of the left patella" --- aka a really REALLY bad bruise.

It does not hurt any less, but I did start physical therapy today. I am off of work until the 19th for sure.

Thank you for all of your prayers! :saint:

I have graduated from crutches to a cane. :disguise:

I still cannot go on my CA trip :( but it is for the best. ;)
[/quote]

That's what mine ended up being, and it doesn't hurt any less, you're right. Good luck with the PT. :)

[quote name='alicemary' post='1189942' date='Feb 9 2007, 10:02 PM']
Some good news, only sprained by ACL(ligament in the knee) and should be fine in a week or two. Each day is a little better, but will be off work for at least two weeks(don't tell me boss anyone!). God is indeed good..
AliceMary
[/quote]

Glad it wasn't worse. :)