Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who was your favorite Bedtime Bear?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, Paddington started all this! So who is your favorite Bear? Let us know and also why>>>>

[b]PADDINGTON:[/b]

[img]http://goedde.at/Reutter/Bilder%202005/Paddington%20Bear/Paddington%20Bear%20(3).jpg[/img]

[b]WINNIE THE POOH:[/b]

[img]http://www.oyxter.com/winnie-the-pooh/postal3.gif[/img]

[b]RUPERT THE BEAR:[/b]

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40966000/jpg/_40966886_rupertold_pa.jpg[/img]

Then there is also the Pope Benedict Bear ....

[img]http://www.suepearson.co.uk/images/stock/pope_t.jpg[/img]

and

[img]http://lonestartimes.com/images/4_26_pope_bear.jpg[/img]

MissScripture
Posted

Pooh Bear, all the way! I even have Pooh Bear valentines for my friends this year. But I did like Paddington when I heard the stories. I wanted to go to Paddington station when I was in London, but I couldn't.

Posted

[img]http://www.firstanimationart.com/sitebuilder/images/A142-JBK_Baloo-376x264.jpg[/img]

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life

Wherever I wander, wherever I roam
I couldn't be fonder of my big home
The bees are buzzin' in the tree
To make some honey just for me
When you look under the rocks and plants
And take a glance at the fancy ants
Then maybe try a few

The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
That's why a bear can rest at ease
With just the bare necessities of life

Now when you pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw
Have I given you a clue ?

The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!

So just try and relax, yeah cool it
Fall apart in my backyard
'Cause let me tell you something little britches
If you act like that bee acts, uh uh
You're working too hard

And don't spend your time lookin' around
For something you want that can't be found
When you find out you can live without it
And go along not thinkin' about it
I'll tell you something true

The bare necessities of life will come to you

Posted (edited)

Yes Baloo - how could we forget Baloo!

Of course for those 'Modern' kids there has to be .... the one and only ... the dreaded ...


BARNEY

[img]http://pbskids.org/barney/pareduc/images/parents_06.gif[/img]

Edited by Rod
Posted

[quote name='Rod' post='1189514' date='Feb 9 2007, 10:16 AM']
Yes Baloo - how could we forget Baloo!

Of course for those 'Modern' kids there has to be .... the one and only ... the dreaded ...
BARNEY

[img]http://pbskids.org/barney/pareduc/images/parents_06.gif[/img]
[/quote]

:scream:

*screams at the sight of Barney*

Posted

I have never found Barney to be as 'warm and fuzzy' as Paddington, Rupert or Winnie. With the latter there was always the adventure and the stories involved. Also I always read the books or had them read until I was probably 7 or older before their 'adventures' hit TV. But today where is the 'imagination' factor for the kids with Barney?

homeschoolmom
Posted

Barney's not a bear... >:(

Posted

What? Where's Teddy Ruxpin?

Posted

Baloo is the man. I mean the bear.

Posted

The Berenstain Bears. I read their books ALL the time when I was little.
[img]http://www.niacc.edu/calevents/2005-06/images/bbears.jpg[/img]

I do like Winnie the Pooh too though. And Tigger too!

homeschoolmom
Posted

I'm also a fan of The Lonely Doll
[img]http://static.flickr.com/22/35250966_fd0a36c549_o.jpg[/img]

Posted

How could you forget Yogi? He's smarter than the average bear.

Posted (edited)

So Here's YOGI..... and of course Boo Boo


[img]http://www.jellystonebagley.com/images/yogibday.jpg[/img]


[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1189528' date='Feb 9 2007, 04:46 PM']
What? Where's Teddy Ruxpin?
[/quote]

I am sorry ... people are being left out ... so here he is ...

TEDDY RUXPIN:

[img]http://www.jufloekie.nl/afbeeldingen/jeugdsentiment/teddy.JPG[/img]

Before you ask.... CARE BEARS:

[img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6d/200px-Care_Bears.gif[/img]

And... GUMMY BEARS:

[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/acandyfix.safeshopper.com/images/bc12i8oa.jpg[/img]

(How do you eat them???? Feet or heads first????)

and for Barney ...... [quote]*screams at the sight of Barney*[/quote]

[img]http://www.geocities.com/goldenfire.geo/Cool/Barney2.jpg[/img]


This is the MOST colourful thread on Phatmass right now!

Edited by Rod
Posted

I thought you all forgot Care Bears. phew!

catholimaniac
Posted

I voted for Baloo before I saw Baloo.

Posted

what about 'Little Bear?'
That was such a pagan show for children's programming

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

This was actually a tough choice. I liked Rupert, but I voted for Pooh, cuz my Dad use to read the book to me at bedtime. :blush:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Didymus' post='1189937' date='Feb 9 2007, 04:01 PM']
what about 'Little Bear?'
That was such a pagan show for children's programming
[/quote]
What do you mean? :idontknow:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

What about Baloo from Tail Spin? There was also a TV show called the Gummy Bears I think...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...