An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Diana Marie

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Summit's little postulant GREW! And received the habit and a new name, Sister Angela became; Sister Diana Marie of the Most Blessed Sacrament - source; www.monialesop.blogspot.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Edited by AlterDominicus

VeniteAdoremus

Level up!

(Okay, so I'm a geek... sorry! :) )

Congratulations to you and your House, Sister! May there be a lot of postulants and novices to follow Sr. Diana Marie and give you grey hairs :)

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1191655' date='Feb 11 2007, 03:14 PM']
Congrats! Does anyone know where they got here name from?
[/quote]

Sister took her name after Bl. Diana, one of the first nuns of the Order and also her mom's name is Diana. The title is well, kinda obvious!

Sister will take Corpus Christi as her feast day.

Thanks Sr. Mary Catherine answering my question and again congrats! I hope and pray that many more will join your wonderful community there. Just wondering are there any more lined up for entrance this year?

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1191673' date='Feb 11 2007, 02:48 PM']
Sister took her name after Bl. Diana, one of the first nuns of the Order and also her mom's name is Diana. The title is well, kinda obvious!

Sister will take Corpus Christi as her feast day.
[/quote]
What a [b]great [/b]feast day! :clap:

Prayers for all the sisters!!!

I'm so glad the Summit Dominicans have this blog and are willing to share these events with the "outside world".
It has so much value as a reminder of the viability of religious life. For many women, it may put that first spark to their vocational aspirations. I wish every religious community would share joyous occasions like this with the rest of the Church.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1191688' date='Feb 11 2007, 04:05 PM']
Thanks Sr. Mary Catherine answering my question and again congrats! I hope and pray that many more will join your wonderful community there. Just wondering are there any more lined up for entrance this year?
[/quote]

It looks like at least 2 postulants. There may be another but it's too early to tell.
We have a 206 week aspirancy that a young woman makes before entrance so it takes longer for the entrance process.

A 206 week aspirancy? wowzer, Does the aspirant do the aspirancy and then return home? Iam just wonder why such a long aspirancy or rather whats the history behind it. Thanks!

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1191795' date='Feb 11 2007, 06:28 PM']
It looks like at least 2 postulants. There may be another but it's too early to tell.
We have a 206 week aspirancy that a young woman makes before entrance so it takes longer for the entrance process.
[/quote]

I just want to clarify, I believe Sr. Mary Catharine meant to say that they have a 2-6 week aspirancy, not 206 week aspirancy. :)