An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Remember The Movie Stigmata?

SJRod55

It freaked me out when I first saw it.

Then, when I recognized the theological and dogmatic issues later on in life, I really disliked it.

Plus, the priest dude is Fr. Kiernan, which happens to be my last name. <_<

I think I saw it years ago but forgot about the plot. I have this image of a woman in a subway in mind. Is it the movie you are talking about?

What about constantine or The order?

Ironically these movies caused me to have interest in catholicism as something that actually validated spiritual warfare..:D

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1201404' date='Feb 20 2007, 10:32 AM']What about constantine or The order?

Ironically these movies caused me to have interest in catholicism as something that actually validated spiritual warfare..:D[/quote]

I didnt see Stigmata, and I dont plan to. But I did kinda like Constantine. I didnt like how the one priest was portrayed as being weak in the spiritual realm, but there was another priest who heard her confession, and he was pretty firm.

I haven't seen The Order/The Sin Eater, but I heard is extremely anti-Catholic, Constantine was a very strange movie that misrepresented Catholic practices and beliefs.