An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Holy Spirit And Common Sense

Dave

Circle Master,

The Catholic Church and Scripture are in perfect harmony. One cannot contradict the other. We understand the Scriptures full well, and we do not see the contradiction you report. For centuries, the Church has maintained both these same teachings and understandings of Scripture.

Modern man and modern man-made religions put their own "spin" on the Scriptures, which is inaccurate.

Pax Christi. <><

The Catholic Church and Scripture are in perfect harmony. One cannot contradict the other.

Anna, that statement ....

Is what started the Reformation. And is so far out of reality, that I'm going for coffee...argh.

The Catholic Church is based on scripture? No. Not in reality. It alludes to scripture, but when it had as the real basis for practice, TRADITION, and when tradition is in conflict with scripture, massive work is done OUTSIDE of scripture, using any dead guy who ever lived to SUPPORT doctrinal divergence OUTSIDE of scripture.

In fact, without the CCC, or "The church teaches", or "so and so wrote" you cannot support so much of current practice.

Your ULTIMATE authority is almost never scripture, it is CHURCH DOCTRINES. You know that.

Anna, that statement ....

Is what started the Reformation. And is so far out of reality, that I'm going for coffee...argh.

The Catholic Church is based on scripture? No. Not in reality. It alludes to scripture, but when it had as the real basis for practice, TRADITION, and when tradition is in conflict with scripture, massive work is done OUTSIDE of scripture, using any dead guy who ever lived to SUPPORT doctrinal divergence OUTSIDE of scripture.

In fact, without the CCC, or "The church teaches", or "so and so wrote" you cannot support so much of current practice.

Your ULTIMATE authority is almost never scripture, it is CHURCH DOCTRINES. You know that.

You're forgetting that the Catholic Church came WAY before the Bible. The Church's teachings do come from SACRED TRADITION, but remember, the Bible is Sacred Tradition that just got written down. If Jesus and the Apostles taught them, then how can they diverge from Scripture? They can't!

Circle_Master

You're forgetting that the Catholic Church came WAY before the Bible. The Church's teachings do come from SACRED TRADITION, but remember, the Bible is Sacred Tradition that just got written down. If Jesus and the Apostles taught them, then how can they diverge from Scripture? They can't!

WAY before the bible? Scripture began around 42 A.D. with James. That is 9 years after Christ ascended. The apostles were alive and the 'tradition' of apostolic kerygma didn't begin until after their death which by that point, all Scripture was done. Thus all Scripture was before tradition began.

WAY before the bible? Scripture began around 42 A.D. with James. That is 9 years after Christ ascended. The apostles were alive and the 'tradition' of apostolic kerygma didn't begin until after their death which by that point, all Scripture was done. Thus all Scripture was before tradition began.

The Bible as we know it wasn't compiled until much, much later. Doesn't matter when the individual books of the Bible were written.

cmotherofpirl

Remember not all books used by the early christians made it into the bible.

Tradition began at the death of Jesus and revelation ended at the death of John.

larry,

are you talking about "right" regarding our celebration of mass on Sunday? if so, i offer the following:

Also, to prove that Sunday Sabbath is what the earliest Christians practiced:

this should hopefully prove that Sunday Sabbath is both biblical and consistent w/ early Christian practice. how do you reconcile your beliefs on the Sabbath w/ this wealth of information i have provided?

the burden of proof is on you.

Good Luck and God Bless You in your search for truth,

phatcatholic

larry ("truth"),

are you going to reply to the info i posted? for all the links and stuff that don't appear above, see my original post on the first page of this thread.

i look forward to hearing from you,

phatcatholic

larry...........still waiting for your refutation of the info i provided to defend sunday worship...............see my earlier posts in this thread........