An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Gave Up Smoking For Lent

prose

My uncle and my cousin gave it up a couple weeks ago- my uncle almost died from yet abother heart attack.

I'll add you to my prayers. Stay strong!

theculturewarrior

It took me three days, cold turkey. I never wanted another cigarette again. Feels good to be able to breathe, too.

Edited by theculturewarrior

A guy who sits next to me in my class is giving up smoking.

I told him I would be cheering him on -- but without the short skirt. :blush:

theculturewarrior

One thing I learned from several false attempts at quitting smoking was to smoke B&H full flavored menthols before I quit. There is so much nicotine in that stuff it made me sick to my stomach. Quitting Marlboros was much harder. Another thing that helped was a priest who told pretty much it's mortal sin for me. Asthma and cancer run in my family.

Smoked ~ a pack a day for over ten years. Haven't touched a cigarette since May 2001.

Give yourself three days. It's much easier after that.

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1201939' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:05 PM']One thing I learned from several false attempts at quitting smoking was to smoke B&H full flavored menthols before I quit. There is so much nicotine in that stuff it made me sick to my stomach. Quitting Marlboros was much harder. Another thing that helped was a priest who told pretty much it's mortal sin for me. Asthma and cancer run in my family.

Smoked ~ a pack a day for over ten years. Haven't touched a cigarette since May 2001.

Give yourself three days. It's much easier after that.[/quote]

:o TCW! You live!!

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1201939' date='Feb 21 2007, 05:05 PM']Give yourself three days. It's much easier after that.[/quote]

Today is day 3. No ciggy's since Tues at 10pm.

Gah.

Someone came over yesterday that smoked and my 3 year old kept coming over and telling me that the house was stinking and "that man is stinky mom". lol

Kids are so funny.