An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Un-blasphamy Challenge!

Tony

I.. Tony.. ACCEPT The Holy Spirit :)

No free videos to give out or anything like that.. just an opportunity for those who ACCEPT the Holy Spirit to state so :D:

philosophette

I, Brittany, before all of PM declare the Holy Spirit to be my homeboy (err, Home-Spirit) and I totally own his indwelling with the Father and the Son! Amen! :saint:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1202162' date='Feb 21 2007, 11:13 PM']I, Brittany, before all of PM declare the Holy Spirit to be my homeboy (err, Home-Spirit) and I totally own his indwelling with the Father and the Son! Amen! :saint:[/quote]

they holy Spirit is not your "home Spirit" sorry.

He is the third Person of the Triune God.

philosophette

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1202163' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:15 PM']they holy Spirit is not your "home Spirit" sorry.

He is the third Person of the Triune God.[/quote]

Yeah and God obviously has a sense of humor as he created the ostrich, a bird which cannot fly (now that is irony)... and the platapus.. what an odd looking creature! Plus men and women were created in his image, and as we have a sense of humor it must be a reflection of something in God...

So lighten up, dude.

Credo in Spiritum Sanctum, Dominum et Vivificantem, Qui ex Patre Filioque procedit. Qui cum Patre et Filio simul adoratur et conglorificatur, Qui locutus est per prophetas.

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote]Καὶ εἰς τὸ Πνεῦμα τὸ Ἅγιον, τὸ κύριον, (καὶ) τὸ ζωοποιόν, τὸ ἐκ τοῦ πατρὸς ἐκπορευόμενον, τὸ σὺν πατρὶ καὶ υἱῷ συμπροσκυνούμενον καὶ συνδοξαζόμενον, τὸ λαλῆσαν διὰ τῶν προφητῶν.[/quote]

And in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the prophets.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202189' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:39 PM']And in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the prophets.[/quote]

you forgot the Filioque

No I didnt. In english or Greek

I fully affirm the filioque as a theological expression that was needed at the time, as well. For me it is fine as silent, but assumed in numerous systematic theologies. But for the sake of the creed I use the original as the primary. I fully buy into the systematics of the filioque (augustine mostly) but I do not think it is proper in respect to ecumenism or even in history to have the filioque. Not that I desire to debate or conflict you any different. Just letting you know that I clearly did not "forget" it

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202261' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:53 AM']Not that I desire to debate or convict you any different. Just letting you know that I clearly did not "forget" it[/quote]

That was my goal sir..;)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Noel' post='1202360' date='Feb 22 2007, 12:09 PM']Can we stop turning things into debates for goodness sake? Sheesh.[/quote]
Ditto.

STM, cut out the nit-picking.

I believe in the Holy Spirit and I ask Him to come and dwell graciously in me.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202646' date='Feb 22 2007, 08:38 PM']That was my goal sir..;)[/quote]

I didn't mean you :)
BTW, I'm not a sir, I'm a lady :D:

I, accept the Holy Spirit!!!

Edited by Noel's angel