An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Should I Celebrate My Birthday?

Azriel

When should I celebrate my Birthday?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what say you pham? My Official, Legal birthday is February 29th. Yes gang, that means I've only had 8 real birthdays. (Until 2008, when I'll be 9)

There are lots of opinions on when I should celebrate. I have opinion myself which I will reserve until later. Its a very strong opinion. But I like polls, so lets see what the pham has to say.

Besides, its a shameless plug for birthday wishes.

[quote name='Azriel' post='1202349' date='Feb 22 2007, 10:46 AM']So what say you pham? My Official, Legal birthday is February 29th. Yes gang, that means I've only had 8 real birthdays. (Until 2008, when I'll be 9)

There are lots of opinions on when I should celebrate. I have opinion myself which I will reserve until later. Its a very strong opinion. But I like polls, so lets see what the pham has to say.

Besides, its a shameless plug for birthday wishes.[/quote]

That's my sister's birthday too!!!

She just extends the celebration for three or four days. Then on leap year, its a blowout!!

Wow that kinda makes you related to me...

CoffeeCatholic

[quote name='Azriel' post='1202349' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:46 AM']So what say you pham? My Official, Legal birthday is February 29th. Yes gang, that means I've only had 8 real birthdays. (Until 2008, when I'll be 9)[/quote]

My parent's were married on February 29th, 1980, out of necessity. It was the only weekend that my Grandfather could come to the wedding, and March 1st was out because that's my mom's birthday. So now february is really tough on my poor ol' pops. First, Valentine's day, then their aniversary, then Mom's birthday! bang bang bang!

Oh, but they do something cool. For the 3 years they don't have a day they do something simple at midnight like a toast with a nice old movie. But on that year when the 29th comes around, they go all out, do a whole weekend thing, and have a blast.

you should do that.

Nope no parties, but a nice dinner with the family is probably what will happen.

I tend to do what hot stuff's sister does.

This year will be bittersweet for me because I always did something with my Grandmother who's birthday was March 2. This is my first birthday without her.

I'm Mr. Snikkers

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1202359' date='Feb 22 2007, 12:06 PM']No parties during Lent. :P:[/quote]
You could do it on a Sunday.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1202352' date='Feb 22 2007, 08:51 AM']Wow that kinda makes you related to me...[/quote]now there's a scary thought :shock:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1202371' date='Feb 22 2007, 09:21 AM']I think you should party BOTH days :)[/quote]:thumbsup:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1202589' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:04 PM']now there's a scary thought :shock:

:thumbsup:[/quote]

That's exactly what my sister says

[size=1]I say February.
You were BORN in February.
Why celebrate it in stinky March?

February is the most unique month anyways
Its the cooles!

FEBRUARY 28TH!!!
[/size]

homeschoolmom

My daughter's birthday is during Lent and she decided that she wants to have her "party" at [url="http://www.fmsc.org/default.aspx"]Feed My Starving Children[/url] packing meals for starving kids. She's asking her friends, in lieu of gifts, to bring supplies for the packing station-- paper towels, hand soap, etc.