An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gay Marriage Killed The Dinosaurs

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

I'm not sure it's apples and apples to say it's unfair to teach homosexual marriage but not christianity. To some it might be. Even were I agagsint the homosexual agenda I don't think it's apples and apples. To them, if you teach about straights you should teach about homosexuals. It's not like they're teaching about islam but not christianity. homosexual agenda and chrisitanity aren't the same type of thing, arguably.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1207114' date='Mar 2 2007, 11:24 PM']I'm not sure it's apples and apples to say it's unfair to teach homosexual marriage but not christianity. To some it might be. Even were I agagsint the homosexual agenda I don't think it's apples and apples. To them, if you teach about straights you should teach about homosexuals. It's not like they're teaching about islam but not christianity. homosexual agenda and chrisitanity aren't the same type of thing, arguably.[/quote]
The problem is that the homosexual agenda isn't just different from Christianity, it's directly opposed to Christian morals. These people are saying that homosexual behavior must be taught to kids as being good and normal, whether the parents agree or not.
And teaching stories promoting "gay marriage" is using the classroom to promote a particular political agenda.

The fact is, there is no reason in hell why 7-year-olds should be taught about homosexuality in the classroom, period. I didn't even know what a homosexual was until I was much older.
Many generations of Americans got through school just fine without being taught about homosexuality.

And just because people do something, doesn't mean it should be taught to young kids in school.
What else must our 7-year-olds be taught about? Adultery? Incest? Pedophilia? Bestiality?

dairygirl4u2c

If you think it's to the point of beastiality etc, I see your point. Even were I against it, the worst I would equate it with is a different lifestyle. I think that's what the people who promote it think, minus the ones who find nothing wrong with it.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1207150' date='Mar 3 2007, 12:45 AM']If you think it's to the point of beastiality etc, I see your point. Even were I against it, the worst I would equate it with is a different lifestyle. I think that's what the people who promote it think, minus the ones who find nothing wrong with it.[/quote]
For the orthodox Christian, homosexuality is an abominable sin, not simply a "different lifestyle."
(And people can (and do) claim that even bestiality is simply an "alternative lifestyle." If you think this is far out, Dr. Peter Singer, known as the "Father of the Animal Rights Movement" and chair of the Dept. of Bioethics at Princeton, has written in defense of this "lifestyle.")

The problem here goes further than just the issue of homosexuality. This concerns the whole issue of the law insisting that tax-funded public schools must teach students moral agendas directly contrary to the morals of the parents, and that parents have no right to exempt their children from this indoctrination.
It essentially sets up the state in place of parents as the primary moral educators of their children. Shades of Communist Russia and other totalitarian regimes.