Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone,

Every so often I'll try to put up info for a different rock band to check out. Some of them may be just a cool Christian band, some Catholic and some just to promote the pro-life movement. I'll try to let you know as we go.

Edited by Didymus
Posted

[url="http://www.vowofsilence.net/"]Vow of Silence[/url]
rock/alternative

I found these guys via rock-for-life so they're definitely pro-life. They may actually be Christian as well, cuz Im finding some good overtones in their work. I cant find a real website. As you can see the link just takes you to their myspace, which is listed as vowofsilence.net

Posted (edited)

[url="http://www.writteninredonline.com/"]Written in Red[/url]
Hardcore/Rock

Check out their Pure Volume to hear some muzik:
[url="http://www.purevolume.com/writteninredga"]Written in Red (Pure Volume)[/url]

A Christian band; these guys have some good stuff!

Edited by Didymus
Posted (edited)

[url="http://www.outerfringe.net/"]Outer Fringe[/url]
Punk

This is a band that some of you hopefully already know. Catholic Punk out of Austria. They've played at WYD and have done some European touring. Some good stuff for you punk listeners out there. They do some pretty good covers live as well, if you wanna look em up on you tube.

Edited by Didymus
Posted

[url="http://www.cheerupcharlie.com/news/"]Cheer Up Charlie[/url]
Rock

If ya don't know em, you should, they'll be on the final exam ;). CuC is a must for any Catholic music collection. Some of the members previously of Scarecrow and Tinmen.

Myspace page:
[url="http://www.myspace.com/cheerupcharlierocks"]Cheer Up Charlie[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.aletheian.com/"]Aletheian[/url]
Death Metal

Pro-life band! Heavy as lead; loud loud loud music.

Check out some of their samples:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/aletheian"]Aletheian Myspace[/url]

DemonSlayer
Posted

Crutch's (pre-Aletheian) pro-life song was Proverbs.
[quote]Born dead in a dead world.
Broken promises of flesh and spirit.
Broken dreams of life and love.
Self-absorption drowns out pure potential.
Cold convenience steals an unborn soul.
Hardened hearted self-concern enveloped in the grasp of fear.
Judgment blinded by emotion, alludes to instincts of self-preservation.
Lifeless hand never grasped another.
Stone-deaf ears never had a chance to hear the silent cries that never rang out.
Empty eyes never gazed upon the beauty.
Stillborn heart never ached nor broke nor loved.
A flame snuffed out before the light of day.
A way of life preserved rather than a life.
Slaughter of the innocent; exercise of choice.
"Life is what we make it," and we take before birth.[/quote]

Underoath is also a pro-life band.

Posted

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1212465' date='Mar 12 2007, 04:07 AM']Underoath is also a pro-life band.[/quote]

true that! Off of Tooth and Nail

[url="http://www.underoath777.com/main.php"]Underoath[/url]
Screamo/Alternative

Pure Volume:
[url="http://www.purevolume.com/underoath"]Underoath[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.salinemusic.com/home.html"]Saline[/url]
rock

Christian rock. Quite palatable rock might I add. Some good stuff here.

check it out:
[url="http://www.purevolume.com/saline"]Saline on Pure Volume[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.demiseoferos.com/"]Demise of Eros[/url]
Hardcore/Metal

Demise of Eros is on Rock for Life's pro-life band list, so check em out!

[url="http://www.purevolume.com/demiseoferos"]Demise of Eros purevolume[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.theperfectcry.com/index.html"]The Perfect Cry[/url]
Adult Alternative

Catholic band out of Long Beach California.

Featured in [url="http://www.spiritjuicestudios.com/perfect_cry.html"]Episode 33[/url] of Spirit Juice

Posted

[url="http://www.crispinmusic.org/"]Crispin[/url]
Catholic Funk/Acoustic/Rock

I saw these guys live in Chicago about 6 years ago. It was a pretty sweet show. Dan diSilva does Theology of the Body talks now as well.

Posted

[url="http://burningtheory.com/"]Burning Theory[/url]
Rock/Alternative

from Rock for Life's pro-life band list

[url="http://www.purevolume.com/burningtheory"]Burning Theory Pure Volume[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.ithirstforyou.com/index.php"]Thirst[/url]
Catholic Rawk!!!!

I'm liking dis stuff! These band is awesome. Out of Vancouver

Check some of this out!

[url="http://www.myspace.com/ithirstforyou"]Thirst Myspace[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.myspace.com/lesptitsbruns"]Les Ptits Bruns[/url]
Catholic Rock/Garage/Punk

A catholic band out of Toulouse, France. I can't understand a word he's saying. But some of their stuff is pretty cool. Like a mix of Chili Peppers, White Stripes, and the Ramones. I think their lead singer is a monk, which is pretty sweet. If anyone knows Phrench on here, it'd be nice to get some translationage.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

[url="http://www.solemn-vow.com/"]Solemn Vow[/url]
Hardcore/Rock

Christian/pro-life band out of Mississippi

[url="http://www.myspace.com/solemnvow"]Solemn Vow Myspace[/url]

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

this is a great thread didymus! I really look forward to checking out some of these bands.

i can't believe I heard the name tooth and nail records mentioned though lol, that goes really old school for me!!

Posted

thanks!

feel free to add :pimp:

Posted

[u]L'Angelus[/u]
Catholic, Christian, Pro-Life Cajun Band...
[url="http://www.angelusband.com"]http://www.angelusband.com[/url]
I saw them a couple weeks ago; they do a great show. It's a family band, and JPII inspired them to have more children...

Posted

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1251784' date='Apr 21 2007, 01:21 PM']this is a great thread didymus! I really look forward to checking out some of these bands.[/quote]

I concur. :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...