An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Medjugorje

cmaD2006

Hi Phamily:

I'm going to Medjugorje on the 10th of March. I kind of hesitated (I don't want to get bombarded with prayer requests :blush:), but ... I'm willing to take petitions with me.

So ... if you want me to take a petition with me, or to pray for something while I'm there then go ahead and PM me or email me via the Phatmass interface. I just ask that they be kept concise ... that way I can just print them out on a few pages at most. Besides, the Lord and Our Lady knows what our desires are already.

My own personal focus for the week will be my discernment; and to see if I get more clarity with respect to when to enter and one financial decision that I need to make.

Do keep me in prayer -- it sounds like I may be doing more than what I expected on the trip (I've been asked to bring a guitar along ... so I'm bringing some of my music along as well).

God bless you and keep you always in His care,

brendan1104

Go to Fatima or Lourdes or La Salette instead, and don't bother with Medjugorje. It's fake.... just do a search here, we've discussed it a lot.

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1207413' date='Mar 3 2007, 06:47 PM']Go to Fatima or Lourdes or La Salette instead, and don't bother with Medjugorje. It's fake.... just do a search here, we've discussed it a lot.[/quote]

We can't judge whether it is fake or not, everyone has their own opinion now... We have to wait until the visions stop and then our Mother will make a decision.

I don't really see anything wrong with just going there. I hope you have fun! I'm jealous...I've never been out of the country. You are in my prayers.

Edited by aalpha1989

DiscerningSoul

Prayers for VOCATIONS! of course! priests and nuns to convents struggling to keep the doors open for prayer.

Thanks,
Jessica
[url="http://www.xanga.com/ADiscerningSoul"]http://www.xanga.com/ADiscerningSoul[/url]

Hey I will be going on retreat the same time you are going on your journey

I will pray for you especialy, Just think of me while you are there, and say a hail mary for me, and that will be enough for me. God bless you
Marge

Edited by Rose_of_Sharon

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1207413' date='Mar 3 2007, 07:47 PM']Go to Fatima or Lourdes or La Salette instead, and don't bother with Medjugorje. It's fake.... just do a search here, we've discussed it a lot.[/quote]
:sadder:

I wasn't posting for an opinion as to whether or not to go. That decision has been made (and paid for).

My intention was not to enter into a discussion about Medjugorje. If someone disagrees with my choice to go, then instead of entering into a discussion pray that those of us going on the trip would have a blessed time with the Lord and Our Lady.

If you have a prayer petition go ahead and send it ... thanks.

Edited by cmariadiaz

AccountDeleted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1207631' date='Mar 3 2007, 11:58 PM']:sadder:

I wasn't posting for an opinion as to whether or not to go. That decision has been made (and paid for).

My intention was not to enter into a discussion about Medjugorje. If someone disagrees with my choice to go, then instead of entering into a discussion pray that those of us going on the trip would have a blessed time with the Lord and Our Lady.

If you have a prayer petition go ahead and send it ... thanks.

-- Carmen[/quote]

Carmen - have a wonderful time. Faith is a gift and simply to be in an environment where pilgrims are glorfying Our Lady and Our Lord will be a wonderful experience.

All that I can ask of you has already been said, please pray for vocations, especially to the priesthood. Without priests, there is no transubstantiation, and no communion. Although I know that my service as a nun will be invaluable to God, priests are needed more now than ever before -- so pray that young men will have their hearts filled to turn towards God in a Holy Vocation. Thank you and God bless you.
Annie

[quote name='Staretz' post='1207459' date='Mar 3 2007, 09:26 PM']I thought La Salette was also fake?[/quote]

Heavens no!!! LaSalette was approved long ago!

Blessings,
Gemma

:bump:

FYI -- I'll read my PMs for the last time Friday night (3/09) at around 10pmish eastern standard time. I leave for the airport late morning/early afternoon on Sat.

For those who have PMd me sorry for not acknowledging the PM, but I have gotten them (including those on this thread).

[b]Hey Marge (Rose of Sharon)[/b] -- guess what. My trip ends the same day your retreat ends. How about that :lol_roll:. This trip will be my annual retreat -- since right now with everything that's happened I'm out of vacation time.

Again keep those of us on the trip in prayer (there are about 50 of us).

God bless,

-- Carmen Edited by cmariadiaz