An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Number 23

Bonbon

I was wondering if anyone has seen it yet. I wanted to, because i love horror films. But i was curious as to whether or not the plot was any good? I can't tell from the previews :D: Love to have some feed back BUT remember if its good DON"T SPOIL IT!!! :hehe:

DemonSlayer

I don't think it's a horror film, it seems to be more of a pschological thriller, I'll probably see it when its released though.

desertwoman

The plot is good. Jim Carey does some over acting in the end, but the overall plot is good. I guarentee you that during the movie, you to will be seeing the number 23 in everything. In fact, the director purposly does so in the film. So you will start counting the numbers on lisence plates in the movie, how many letters make up this word. Its addicting and fun. So this aspect of the movie made it pretty fun for this dork.

I thought that it was pretty decent.

Will I buy the DVD? No.
Is it my new favorite movie? No.
Did it entertain me for 2 hours? Yes.

The one thing I will say is that after the movie, you'll be looking for (and finding) 23's in your own life. For me, I found it in my birthday: September 25 (9X2+5=23) :detective:

I thought that it was pretty decent.

Will I buy the DVD? No.
Is it my new favorite movie? No.
Did it entertain me for 2 hours? Yes.

The one thing I will say is that after the movie, you'll be looking for (and finding) 23's in your own life. For me, I found it in my birthday: September 25 (9X2+5=23) :detective:

[size=1]I dont want to see it.
It looks stupid.
That whole 23 thing is stupid.
[/size]

I'm dying to see this movie. I think the plot sounds really good. I watched Jim Carrey on some talk show the other day and he was saying how, since this movie, he has realized that most things in his life add up to 23 and he gave examples. It was really weird. I do this with the number 12.

And, I wouldn't trust the rotten tomato website at all. Brokeback Mountain was rated quite high, as was the original Hitcher. Both of which are awful movies. I prefer to make my own opinions as opposed to what the critics say. Most of them hated the first Pirates of the Carribean, and look at how that movie ended up.

Edited by onathing1

Yeah, I've never trusted movie reviews i prefer to go to screen it or descent films to see what is in the movie, to see if i should take my younger brother or not.

But i think i'm gonna try to go see The Number 23 this week or next weekend ^_^

worried it will end up like beautiful mind

side note, in California they have the winchester house and the number thing happens there..freaky